Starting Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Over

I drank kind of a lot today. I ordered some Kudzu from MWO. It really works for me. I'm also going to run to the health food store tomorrow for a bottle to tide me over.
    I don't want to drink, and I want to be thin and healthy, but I have some real stresses in my life right now.
    So tomorrow, I will just start over, I guess.
    Lila

Starting Over

Good for you Lila! The Kudzu was a huge help to me when I was stopping! Also the L-Glut! You will get there, just keep working on it!

XXXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Starting Over

you can do this . just keep on trying and dont give up
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Starting Over

It is a new day make it yours. Are you taking vitamins, drink that wate ? Keep reading, keep posting. There is alot of power here, you are part of that.
        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Starting Over

It is a new day make it yours. Are you taking vitamins, drink that water ? Keep reading, keep posting. There is alot of power here, you are part of that.
          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Starting Over

Thanks you all for posting. Yes, there really is power here. It sounds so lame, but, yesterday I was so nervous and upset about something that I had a beer around noon to take the edge off - and well, it went from there.
            I guess it is something I do for stress, and also because - this is lame - but maybe just something to do???
            I am in a limbo place in my life right now, and I keep waiting for things in my life to be settled, like with my divorce - like I 'need' a few beers to get me thru this time. But I just get a higher tolerance and all my clothes are a little bit tightish....
            I am re-reading the book, now and will set up my CD player for the hypnosis tapes.
            I mean, the beer has to be replaced with something.
            Lila

Comment

Starting Over

Hi Lila,

This is a great place to be when you need support. No one is here to judge, so keep reading and posting!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Starting Over

Lila,

Sounds like you know what you need to do. I was in limbo for months - moving back to the states, waiting for house to be built, not working. I understand drinking during those times - drank heavily for 4months and quit for 5.

Good luck.
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Starting Over

Good Morning, Lila,
                  If we wait for life to be calm to stop drinking, we will never stop!! I have learned this the hard way, time and time again!! No matter how many times we prove to ourselves that alcohol does not take the edge off, does not make anything better and does not hold up to the fantasy, we still drink it and want to believe in it! I am so grateful to not drink any more!!

You are right, though, you do need to replace AL, with something else, when you need to take the edge off.......it is a mind game! I make a different pitcher of herbal iced tea every day. It is refreshing and I tell myself that it takes the edge off and is calming and you know what......It is!!

Just keep working on this.........you are on the right track!

XX Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Starting Over

Don't let the prick...AL lie to you...Nothing is sooo bad that a drink won't make it worse!!!!
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Starting Over

Thank you all so much for posting. I even had some synchronicity today. I don't feel strong or anything. I guess there will never be an optimal time to stop, will there. I am a Believer, so I will get divine help and help from this site.
                      I feel strange writing this. Goodbye, Summit baby, goodbye Merlot buddy.
                      On to the next thing.
                      Lila

Comment

Working...
                      X