I've ruined everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ruined everything

Capt - that was a great story....thx for the laugh! Love the fart references!!!!!!

Have a great day!
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

I've ruined everything

Sorry one and pan i should have refered to a ..... PUFF AHHHHHH
      cap

Comment

I've ruined everything

One get the kids get in the car and start driving randy bunnies hop very fast I m serious no more posting get goi'n bunnies bounc'in on one leg all the way home VERY fast are friggin dangerous. Havent you heard the expression breed like rabbits HA
        Cap

Comment

I've ruined everything

now I should stop high jacking mints thread sorry minty hope you feeling better today.... youre ok in my and anyones books thanks for the post we can all relate to it take care
          Love cap

Comment

I've ruined everything

If it's a Cream puff, you need to change your pants. LOL
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I've ruined everything

Oh my God! I'm sat here laughing my head off. That story was SO funny.

I hate those stupid bloody games too.
              Thanks capt
              Minty

Comment

I've ruined everything

Feels good to laugh, doesn't it?
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I've ruined everything

Thinking about those bl**dy 'getting to know each other' conference games makes me want to drink.... arggghhhh

Mintytess...sounds like you are feeling better ...you go girl, most of us have gone through these things too...

Heavenly
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I've ruined everything

Nice one Captn'
                    I'm laughing my head off......

Comment

I've ruined everything

Thanks all. ...feeling so much better now..

Comment

I've ruined everything

oh Minty I could cry for you . Been there so many times myself was like reading one of my old threads I am like you one wrong word I can become abusive and the worse bit is not remembering what you have said and all the sorrys in the world can't take the words back. Its a reaaly sobering thought reading your post I have been af for 58 days and its a joy to not be doing that any more. Notice you are in the uk I am on a geaet 1 2 1 telephone programme would be happy to give you the details after 25 years of distructive drinkig it working for me. Know its not easy but try to use whats happened with this guy to build on getting the help you need Good luck D D x

Comment

I've ruined everything

I've been there as well..not fun at the time. It's amazing what alcohol does to you; some people get mellow and laugh a lot, some fall asleep...
                          You will get through this..and the good news is that all of us are here for you.

Comment

I've ruined everything

Hi Mintytess,
                            I know I am a bit late replying to you but as many others here can so relate to your post.
                            I feel like I lost the 'love of my life' to my drinking habits - or should I say drinking embarrasments. I met a man about 12 years ago at work and fell head over heels in love with him. I know at the time he loved me too but I caused embarrasment after embarrasment due to drink and eventually he distanced himself from me. Since then, I have been fortunate to meet another wonderful man and have since got married and had kids. Gosh, feel guilty now calling the other the love of my life - but that was before my husband!.
                            With my now husband I was quite upfront about my 'issues' with AL and he has been so helpful. I think once he knew that I was aware that I had a problem he was fine about it as he has PLENTY of issues with other things - don't we all!. It has not always been smooth sailing but I have been more honest with him than anyone else in my life. He knows that I know it is a probelm so has supported me in whatever I can do do help me with it.
                            I do not even know what I am trying to say here but think back about the guy you met recently - did you REALLY like him - how do you think you felt about him? If you think he is worth chasing then I would say go for it. If you did think he was worth going after then, if I was you, which obviously I am not, I would probably either email or phone him (whichever you are more comfortable with) and be somewhat honest with him - not say a drink problem but something like ...look it has been while since I have dated, I have been stressed out a bit the last few weeks due to ...... and I was really nervous and yes I admit I knocked back a few drinks to help with it. I would like to keep in touch as I thought you were really nice and maybe we could hook up again in a few weeks when things have calmed down for me and hopefully I will make better company. Then in the meantime I would give myself some time to get my shit together, keep in touch with him online and then hopefully a better date next time around. If I did not like him enough then being honest I would not bother keeping in touch with him and I would just concentrate on getting myself better first and take it from there.
                            Anyway, just thinking out aloud - can really relate to what you are going through.
                            :h
                            Bandit
                            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

I've ruined everything

Minty....been thinking about this. You know this may be your wake-up call. yeah he was a nice guy and to bad it didnt work out buyt imagine doing that to your husabnd or children ..even worse. A bad situation could have been so much worse. You can now begin healing and get this under wraps before you hurt someone you truly love. I would just let this one go and work on ME if I were you. Many more fish in the sea when you are up and running smoothly. You will gain confidence and strength each sober day under your belt. best of luck to you!!!

AND...Capt...only you dear...only you. They said toss the ball not maul someone with it...LOL
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I've ruined everything

Bandit;364958 wrote: Hi Mintytess,
                                I know I am a bit late replying to you but as many others here can so relate to your post.
                                I feel like I lost the 'love of my life' to my drinking habits - or should I say drinking embarrasments. I met a man about 12 years ago at work and fell head over heels in love with him. I know at the time he loved me too but I caused embarrasment after embarrasment due to drink and eventually he distanced himself from me. Since then, I have been fortunate to meet another wonderful man and have since got married and had kids. Gosh, feel guilty now calling the other the love of my life - but that was before my husband!.
                                With my now husband I was quite upfront about my 'issues' with AL and he has been so helpful. I think once he knew that I was aware that I had a problem he was fine about it as he has PLENTY of issues with other things - don't we all!. It has not always been smooth sailing but I have been more honest with him than anyone else in my life. He knows that I know it is a probelm so has supported me in whatever I can do do help me with it.
                                I do not even know what I am trying to say here but think back about the guy you met recently - did you REALLY like him - how do you think you felt about him? If you think he is worth chasing then I would say go for it. If you did think he was worth going after then, if I was you, which obviously I am not, I would probably either email or phone him (whichever you are more comfortable with) and be somewhat honest with him - not say a drink problem but something like ...look it has been while since I have dated, I have been stressed out a bit the last few weeks due to ...... and I was really nervous and yes I admit I knocked back a few drinks to help with it. I would like to keep in touch as I thought you were really nice and maybe we could hook up again in a few weeks when things have calmed down for me and hopefully I will make better company. Then in the meantime I would give myself some time to get my shit together, keep in touch with him online and then hopefully a better date next time around. If I did not like him enough then being honest I would not bother keeping in touch with him and I would just concentrate on getting myself better first and take it from there.
                                Anyway, just thinking out aloud - can really relate to what you are going through.
                                :h
                                Bandit
                                I think what Bandit has said is perfect...

Comment

Working...
                                X