Missed yall yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed yall yesterday...

Hi...yesterday was so busy, it was the first day in a week I didn't get on here. And I still had a good day/night. In fact...I did get all frustrated/ticked/overwhelmed about 6 PM (go figure), and headed to the freezer for a vodka cocktail (not bringing wine in during the week), but thought of yall, and waited. For an hour. Then, when I was calm, and 7 PM was revealing my husband still hadn't left the office, I decided I would make one drink. And I did, and it was nice, and I STOPPED there.

Now officially? I broke my rules. AF all weekdays. But in spirit? It was a big victory. I really don't subscribe to opening alcohol for moderation, at least not until now. It was an amazing feeling. Nice little drink, a bit of calm, but no more. No drunk. Went to be hours later drinking hot tea, clear headed and having good convo. with my hub. I even made him a drink when he got home, and didn't continue drinking. Huh. Weird. I was actually aware of the itty bit of buzz from my one drink, and didn't want to get all fuzzy, tired and unproductive.

So today is day 9, and I've maintained AF, or really only had a very reasonable amount (3 of those days). I've not done that in a long, long time. Tonight, we have company, and I'm not going to serve wine. THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

Missed yall yesterday...

Good going 4tops....
    Great actually

Comment

Missed yall yesterday...

Good going - I'm jealous that you can keep vodka in your freezer!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Missed yall yesterday...

Good for you...To drink socially,like most people do ...Only a dream for me...So nice to know that it is doable for some...
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Missed yall yesterday...

It may not prove doable in the long run, I'm trying to be honest and realistic. It worked last night. But thanks.

Comment

Missed yall yesterday...

Nicely done Tops!
            Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Missed yall yesterday...

Good for you! You may be one of the lucky ones who is going to gain control of this before I is impossible to control! Great!
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
              X