Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellow Brick Road

?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

yellow Brick Road

GLENDA CAN HELP......NOT REALLY, BUT YOU KNOW EVERYONE HERE CAN ! IAD!
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

yellow Brick Road

have missed u too rock. wonder how your doin often. c
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

yellow Brick Road

ER, etc.

Hi all,
          I have to comment on the "Iz" version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow." Are any of you fans of the show ER? (American hospital drama) Several years ago, there was a character, Mark Greene, who was one of my favorites, and he died of a brain tumor. In the episode of his death, they played that song. I cried my eyes out. Several weeks after that, I was also diagnosed with a brain tumor. I had radiation treatment for it, but it really made me think about things that are within our control or not. The song still makes me cry. I bought the CD (online when drunk -- too expensive) and have only listened to it once. Can't listen to it.

But back to ER, there is another character, Abby, a former nurse and now doctor. I have had a few people tell me that Abby reminds them of me. She had her baby the same time I did; I would watch the show and there was the same breast pump and same rattle toy and the sme Baby Bjorn carrier. And then she went back to drinking when her life got stressful and her hubby had to leave the country. It was so hard to watch, yet I was riveted.

I don't want to be weird, or sound like I am stalking or following Hollywood, but I have seen some weird coincidences. Is there a message? Again, I don't want to sound like some crackpot, and I hope that some of you have had similar "familiarities" with a movie, TV show or song. Maybe I will post this later as a separate thread, if you all don't think I'm nuts!

Comment

Working...
          X