We all look so normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all look so normal

I think everybody has their own personal demon, though not necessarily drink related.
    I also think that a lot of people have a serious drink problem and simply don't care. It's as if society has made a certain level of alcoholism an acceptable, perhaps even desirable trait. Going out once a week and making a total ass of yourself is seen in some circles as making one the life and soul.
    When I was drinking heavily, I would prefer to drink alone and would seek out oppertunities to hide away and not interact with anyone. My ideal night was alone in the house with enough vodka to knock me out, listening to whatever mellow music came to hand. I really did enjoy it until someone came in and started picking holes in my 'perfect' evening.
    What an arse!!!
    Sorry...I'm ranting

Comment

We all look so normal

So true FB!

Popeye - I too began to just stay home and drink. Or if I was out, learned to go home early, before getting too drunk, and have some more wine on my own. Granted, that always didn't happen. If I was out, and crossed the line w/drinking, I'd forget to go home, and have my "good time" in front of all!!!

Its amazing to me, how much this "social" thing called drinking, eventually began making me isolate myself from the world!!!

Really, my drinking habit became to be very hard work to hide. Always thinking about how, when, where, how much, what happens if.....etc, etc, etc.............I'M TIRED!!!!!
      "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

We all look so normal

Social life is a thing of the past, here.
        The old pictures of happy moments lifting the drink are pretty dusty.
        Its the pattern of sneak it into room, wait(if you can, most likely not if its your day off) until its late enough and rest of house is at rest and then start corking until you awake in time the next day to comb the house and hope you did not leave something that made no sense

Oh. Great. I ate the special spaghetti ,cold, that I made for brother sometime while under its spell.
        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Working...
        X