Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Lecture/Other Great Reads...

Hi all,
    last night in chat we started talking about Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor dying of pancreatic cancer. His lecture is amazing, but this one here (I hope it attaches, have never tried to do this) is another he gave just recently. This man gives me chills...I think I'm a little in love...:h Anyway, get his book, so very worth it!

[ame= ]YouTube - Randy Pausch Inspires Graduates[/ame]
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Thanks

Comment

Hi River,
      I enjoyed discussing Randy Pausch with you last night. When I think of him, I think of his passion for academia, knowledge and teaching. Though his life is being cut short, way too short, he has become a "Teacher to the World". He has definitely fulfilled his passion for teaching in a truly amazing way. We can all learn from him. I have learned from him. In an interview, I heard him say that the book, The Last Lecture, was written for his children. It is meant to be a guide to happiness and a fulfilling life. It certainly is that!

Thanks again for sharing this!
      xxx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Kate! I enjoyed chatting with you, too
        I like your signature quote...here's another "Cinderella": Proof that one new pair of shoes can change your life!

A few more favorite reads:
        Suzanne Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson - you will cry buckets.
        Death Be Not Proud (another powerful "life lessons" learned by a young man with cancer). I think this was first published 20+ years ago, has been re-released
        Anything and Everything by Richard Paul Evans. Alot of his books have been turned into Hallmark Channel movies, and I'm a sucker for anything Hallmark Channel!
        My French Whore by Gene Wilder. I didn't know he wrote - funny funny funny!
        For those with questions on God/faith - The Case for Christ. Now I'm reading the Case for Faith...by Lee Strobel

Any other suggestions out there? Reading keeps me preoccupied very well during the witching hour, would love to hear what you all are reading!:h
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

River--
          Have you checked out "What we are reading" forum? I'm about to fill up my house with books I don't have time to read them all!

It was pretty hard to read much when I was drinking!!:H
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
          X