X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truely Amazing and Inspiring!

Please read and view the video! Amazing! :h

This is a true story!

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too. For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island . Father and son went on to complete the race together.

After clicking on the link below - click on the video "A father's love for his son"

View this race at... GodTube.com
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Sounds awesome Best--says its not available though.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I just corrected the link. Wouldn't let me link directly. You have to click on "A father's love for his son" once you are on the website. If you have a chance, take the time to watch it. Put's alot into perspective. Made me ask myself, "How hard did I really try to quit drinking." After watching this, I realize, I've never put this much effort into anything.
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I couldn't watch the end of this - I just started crying. My son's father is a big disappointment as a father. I was already having a bad day because I need someone to go to a camp with my son - and his dad is just out of the question. I don't think I can do it because I have 2 other little ones.
        This day isnn't going too well for me.

Comment

Best that WAS truly amazing! Thanks for sharing it here with us.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Wow!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

wow, major "chills". Thanks for sharing!
              Lila, I feel for you as I often have the same struggles with kids' dad. Every year the 5th graders in our school district spend a week at an environmental learning camp. I went when it was our daughter's turn, but he refused to go last year with our son. I suppose lots of had to do with not drinking for the week...it's just... SAD. It's really hard to be everything to them. It's very frustrating to be a single parent when there is actually another parent in the house. Sometimes I wish I truly was single rather than having to be mad at him every day. That brings to mind an Eagles song "Anger is love disappointed". Best wishes to you. And yes bestlife, I think I could use to put a little more effort into some areas of my life. It was truly beautiful!
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

thanks One and River for your encouraging words. I should be used to this - I must be feeling vulnerable today. I thought - well, I am getting some blessings today, then. Honestly, River, even tho' this is a tough tough time for me, I am so grateful not to be with my kids dad anymore. I would never ever go back.
                Lila

Comment

So much inspiration today!! Thanks Best!
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

best very nice post,im a newbe here,since june 08,i havent watched the video yet but i will,i agre with you som what,i also did somthin similar,i ran 12 marathons,duluth,and the twin cities,6 times each,11 ten mile road races,which is in fact the oldest race in canada thunderbay,ontario,half a dozen 10ks,i dont no how many 5ks, but as ive lerned over the last 9 months,like alchohol ,i was an over acheiver,never had to moderate,my health was great,like boose both beat up,like booze i dont run,anymore,bad knees,feet are constanly sore,hips are bad,and again kike booze,my rotator cuff is shot,waitin for an operation,and i have basically a lot of health problms,so i cant blame it all on the booze,been sober again for 9 months,beenhere b4,many times,but the biggest thing i lerned abut abuse is,our body will tell us when enuff is enuff,gyco again ty for the articleps are u still stopped.or moderating because tht is my eventual goal,is one day to sit down and have a couple of drinks and moderate

Comment

Best, I have seen this before and it has such a strong impact everytime I watch it. Thanks for sharing this.
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi all!

Gyco, yes, I am still AF! 108 days today. At this time it is my intention to never drink alcohol again in this life. I cannot moderate. I know that. This is, by far, a better life for me and all of those that I hold dear. I am a much better... everything! Wife, mother, daugher, sister, relative, friend, artist, business woman, --- human being, period! I remind myself of that each time I look into my own eyes and heart.

I am glad you are here. It is a good place to be, for us.

Hugs, Best

Comment

Working...
                        X