Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is my Birthday and I will not drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today will be the first "sober" birthday that I recall having in many, many years.

Today I will reflect upon how good being sober feels. I will make a committment to my 11yr old best friend, my doggie, to remain sober today...for she has lymphoma and her time left with me is limited and I want to enjoy each and every moment we have left together.

For all you newbies out there...never give up hope. Even if you fall, pick yourself back up and try, try again. It is so worth it. Soon you will learn the difference in being sober as opposed to being drunk. It might not happen overnite, but eventually you will come to see that being sober feels so much better.

Trust me, I have fallen and picked myself up many times. And sober is WAY better.

R2C
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Ready,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

and what a great post.

Enjoy your birthday with your best friend. :l

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Birthday --- and a sober one will make for a happier tomorrow too!

Comment

:bday7: What a great way to spend your Birthday. I love my dog and miss her so much. I had to give her to my ex-husband when I bought this condo. Somehow, no one told me when I bought the place that my dog would not be allowed here. Everyone involved in the transaction knew that I had a dog. How that was just overlooked, I cannot imagine. It broke my heart. I remember spending my 39th birthday, in bed, with a bottle of vodka. On my 40th, I was clean and sober. I went out for a nice Japanese dinner. I bet you can guess which birthday I enjoyed more. Have a Great Day!
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi R2C, what an inspirational post! Thank you and may you have a blessed year!
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Cindi, One2Many, New Day and Seacailin....Thanks so much for the Bday wishes!! It means so much to mean to have my friends here at MWO.

I am at work and no one remembered it is my Bday today...makes me feel a tad bit bummed.

Seacailin...so sad about your doggy. Do you get to visit with your doggie? I cannot imagine life without my dogs (I have 2) and I got my doggie in the divorce. It was hell trying to rent...but there was not another option for me. My doggies are the ones that make me laugh each day.

Again, hugs to all my MWO friends...I never would have made it this far without all of you.

R2C
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

R2C,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it is splendid for you. I never let my work know my birthday. Every year they send out an e-mail asking for it and I never respond.

May your new year be the best and healthiest ever. Please give the doggies some extra attention from me today!

Peace

Comment

I have only seen her once in 9 months. Before, I couldn't handle it emotionally. My Ex lives in Massachusetts. It is difficult for me to get down there, between work and the damn gas prices. I really want to sell this condo, and maybe buy a small house where I can have her back, but the market really sux right now, as I'm sure you know.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Happy Birthday R2C!!!:bday3::bday7:

Comment

RTC
                    You are giving yourself the best present ever. Enjoy it!

Happy Birthday,
                    Time

Comment

Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds you are off to a Grand New Year in your life!

Hugs, Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                        R2C
                        AND MANY
                        HAPPY SOBER
                        RETURNS.
                        :h:h:h:h

LORI
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Birthday To YOU !!!

:band2:
                          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

i have spend many of my birthday like this

and so glad to hear you are spending your like this

:beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Happy Birthday R2C!!! Congratulations on starting this year off by giving yourself the gift of sobriety! I am wishing you your best year ever!!

xx Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X