Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody tried the Alcohol Free Wine?

Hi
    I've never tried it but thought maybe I would get a bottle of white to see if I like it.
    Anyone out there have any experience with the AF wine? I've read some reviews and mostly they aren't good. Drinking alcohol is not an option for me.
    Thanks
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

No input here, but am certainly interested in what others have to say about it. I, too would love to have the taste and feel of a glass of wine in my hand...but im almost afraid to admit...what would be the point? The buzz is why I drank it in the first place. Do you think we could trick ourselves into a AF substitution? Do you think we really WANT to? Sorry...babbling and playing Devil's Advocate.
    Do my issues make my butt look big?

Comment

READY -OR- NOT i like that HAPPY LAMB!!!

Okay...i have never had AF anything...thought about it today. I could really use the REAL THING .... but then the cylce begins ~ Heavy Duty :H

Comment

Hey One2Many
        I bought a bottle of white today. It's in the fridge now and I'll be sure to post what I think. For me right now I think it's the 'ritual' of wine. Opening the bottle, pouring into a wine glass and as long as it tastes somewhat like wine, that's fine with me. Plus, the AF is only 25 calories a glass and you get the health benefits of the wine! Win win....as long as it tastes ok.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have tried the AF zinfandel - it's actually not bad - it's a little like a sparkling white grape juice. Never tried a white as I am primarily a red wine drinker.

Let me know what you think - but yeah, the zinfandel is not bad, seems to work for me and helps me to get past the cravings. Hope that helps!

Have a great weekend everyone!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Thanks uni! That's good to know. AF wine along with Kudzu and L-Glut should work for me.

Comment

Morning all,
              I drink AF wine. It is great. Tastes like wine. I still get to drink my wine but no alcohol.
              For me it is the ritual of having a glass of wine, not the glass of alcohol!!!
              I have even got my local letting me take my own bottle now, so all is great.
              I have only found 1 make that I like. It is called Edenvale. The shiraz is great, and I do put a little soda in it. The champagne tastes just like the real thing.
              Don't know if it can be obtained anywhere else as I am in Oz.
              Have a good day everyone!!

Comment

Well, I tried the AF wine last night and I really like it! Surprisingly. It's a chardonnay and made by Inglenook in California. I enjoyed a couple of glasses with my dinner and all was great. Woke up this morning feeling awesome! AF wine ROCKS!!! (for me anyway) Whatever works to be AF, right??:wd::happy:

Comment

What i find odd about this is the grocery stores don't seel AF wine...but honey they have isles of the AL kind...
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I found my AF wine in a grocery store. Limited choices though, only two different kinds.

Comment

I tried the AF wine and found it to be a poor substitute. It would probably be ok in a spritzer or on ice, but was too heavy and sweet straight. I was trying to get over the mental aspect and I found that its ok to drink other things. Note: Ordered a cranberry spritzer at a bar the other day and the bartender says "oh non-alcoholic, it's on me". The reinforcement came at the right time. keek

Comment

The one I tried was Iglenook as well - that was the zinfandel one I had, maybe I'll try the chardonay as well. Wish I could get that shiraz that you have there in Oz though!
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Working...
                        X