Everything is harder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is harder.

Thank you so much for your replies. There is so much truth and wisdom in them.

Tawny, I will look forward to some pics. You know how much I love them.
    Gyco, thanks for the wishing of strength.

Jinja, I will try the Bach remedy, I had forgotten about that. Thanks.

Greeneyes, bend like a wildflower in the wind is such a beautiful image, thanks.

Ducky, I am trying to keep busy by helping my best friend to decorate. Hopefully it will help. Thanks for the thought.

LVT 25, the funny thing is that at first I couldn?t think about it all the time and its only now that it is hitting me.

Best, thanks for your support

Brittzak, Im sorry you lost your mum too. It?s the everyday sharing that I am missing the most. I hope that you keep well and strong.

Gia, I will cry.

Lushy, I would love that hug even though I?m not really a huggy person.

Keke, "grief needs to be felt in order to fade." I like that.

Skendall, thanks for the thoughts.

:l to all.
    Enough is enough

Comment

Everything is harder.

Thinking of you, Waves.

Darling x
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Everything is harder.

Thanks Darling.
        Enough is enough

Comment

Everything is harder.

Hugs, Waves

K
          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Everything is harder.

Thanks Katie :l.
            Enough is enough

Comment

Everything is harder.

Waves

I am just seeing this. I am so sorry for your pain also. Loss is a terrible thing. Everyone has given you such wonderful advice. I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry and I know you will get through this.

I have suffered a tremendous amount of loss and I really think it is a large part of my drinking problem. Not making excuses, I swear. I just use al to cope although I know better in my intelligent mind.

Hang in there and if you ever want to talk or cry, I am here also.

love nz
              __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Everything is harder.

Hi Waves,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I work with a woman (she's a volunteer, so I see her every other week) who lost her husband 2 years ago, and he was the love of her life. She shared with me the stages of her grief and some days would cry in place. She really opened my eyes to the depths of grief. Well, just a couple of months ago she lost her youngest son to a sudden heart attack. This grief is beyond anything she experienced before. Again, I have been given the privelege of sharing in her ups and downs and I have come to appreciate how fragile at times, yet precious, this life is. It has been one of the things that has helped my journey to sobriety. I hope that for you, too. Let your grief flow, and use it to make your life better. That would be the most lovely gift to your mother's memory. Take care.

V.

Comment

Everything is harder.

Nowandzen, thanks for your best wishes

Vera-b, Your friend is having such a hard time. Life certainly throws some difficult times at us.

I have felt a bit better today, partly due to talking to a great friend this morning.
                  Enough is enough

Comment

Everything is harder.

Waves...still wishing you the best.
                    xoxox

Comment

Everything is harder.

Waves, I can remember the first time I kept my emotions to my self.....my grandfather passed away. Everyone asked me if I wanted to go to the funeral ( Out of the country ) I said no ! I did'nt cry, I suppressed everything......it made my life a living hell ! I ended up on anti depressents . You think I had learned my lesson, nooo....when my father passed away....I did the samething ! This time booze got into the eqaution! ( Though I did go to my fathers funeral ) Let you emotions go ! Greive ! Talk to someone that has an understanding heart....It well help you cope a lot better..IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Everything is harder.

:lWaves..
                        Crying is good......It releases so many pent up feelings and helps to clear out the bad stuff..............
                        I have a good cry every week or so and feel so much better. It is a part of life and getting through it. Just make sure you're alone or your family will try to have you locked up! LOL!!!

My mom has been gone over 12 years and every once in a while, I'll think....I'll call Mom and share something funny that I know she would like....somehow though...I think she knows....
                        Just my thoughts..

We do have "so great a cloud of witnesses"....promise...
                        Love
                        :hNancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                        X