Just for today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for today....

Just for today: I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me, or allow people to drain my good energy. If my mind fills with doubt and my heart fills with sadness, I will focus on things which I love in my life and push them away.

Just for today: I will accept what is, is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot. After all, I am human.

Just for today: I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration, something to nourish my mind and enrich my life.

Just for today: I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, I'll not speak ill of others and I will not interrupt when someone else is talking. I will try to improve my appearance and take pride in who I am.

Just for today: I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

Just for today: I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully. If I?m a drinker, I will abstain -- if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk or pile my children in the car and head to the park for play.

Just for today: I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions. Even though I know how scary that is to do sometimes.

Just for today: I will smile more. I will look for the good, instead of the negative. I will also try to laugh at least once.

Just for today: I won?t be afraid to be me.

Just for today....

thankx for sharing gia ..love it
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just for today....

thank you for that, Gia, I am in a difficult time in my life right now, but I try not to let that dominate...I have started to ride my bike a lot, and just do my best to enjoy TODAY - it is summer, I have a roof over my head, wonderful children...
      (maybe someday an outdoor trampoline but I refuse to think about that now!! )
      Lila

Comment

Just for today....

Ah yes...the trampoline. Now I'm thinking about it again...
        Good for you on bike riding again; I really miss my bike, and I loved it. So did my baby girl in her seat behind me. So many good memories.

Comment

Working...
        X