Holiday detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday detox

Hello All its my !st time here . Im currently on holiday in Bulgaria -- my wife is Bulgarian. Im in a country that i love - with a gorgeous wife.We have an apartment here we are doing jobs like windows etc`Anybody that likes a drink out there which i asume it us all will know that to do decorating etc with stale booze in you is just not on . So i top up usualy around 6am in the morning when im here alone -- hiding as much as i can from the others here, I was doing fine alcohol wize till 5 days ago - heavy session led to an early morning top up and ive been drinking ever since .Istarten my realcome today -- i had a litre of Flirt (vodka) yesterday -- so think a half litre is approriate and a 1/4 litre next day if req- For me its been the culture difference not being able to speak the language so well im in a country where the dont drink spirtits till after 6 at night yet every 2nd house has a rakia still i can drink all afternoon for a fiver -- a litre is only a ?3 from a supermarket etc etc. Here is my problem im desperate to stop but cannot get a clinical detox - my wife thinks she is being cruel to be kind by not letting me drink what i need. I realy get bad spasams at night tho i can fight much of the day at night i realy get scared of having no booze or the just short of sleeping the mrs is making me have its 10pm here now im about 2 good glasses short of unscared sleephaving stayed low all day-- any advice anybody can give thanks - flirto

Holiday detox

Hallo Flirtoholic,
    Can you get to a doctor? That is going to be the best solution - you sound as if you are going to need meds. Read the other threads and keep posting. I'll be thinking of you.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Holiday detox

Hello and Welcome

I agree with Jessie. It does sound as though you will need a doctor's supervision to go through withdrawal. I have been there. I had to take Ativan (a benzodiazepine) for 2 weeks. It helped me tremendously though, and I have since tapered off of it. I am using no meds now, just the vitamins and supplements and I feel better than I have in a very long time. If you are ready to stop, you must be willing to do whatever it takes not to have that first drink. Some can moderate. I know that I cannot. I wish you well. I'm sure that it is much tougher for you, being on holiday. You will get great advice and support here.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Holiday detox

Hi flirt...your symptoms sound pretty harsh. I hope you can see a doctor to get some professional medical advice. I too lived in a country where the alcohol was cheap and good and it was socially acceptable to drink any hour of the day really. That does make it easy on someone who has a problem with it. I hope you can seek some medical advice soon...

Comment

Holiday detox

I manged to get by on the half litre yesterday finishing it just before bed stopping the palpations that frighten me so much . This morning i woke no real desire to drink and my symtoms have reduced by 50%.I am still feeling rough but not as nervous about going out and about doing things that need to be done. Its harsh when you know that pain so well and only booze will take it away.Because of some words with my wife lastnight i had decided if i was still in serious withdrawls - i would go and see a doctor- but my wife dosent want the embaressment of going there. I think im out the otherside now anyway - fingers crossed -- my main concern ws the night time palpatations - hence the reduction method ----- ty flirt

Comment

Holiday detox

Flirt,

Glad the symptoms are getting better.

See if you can keep reducing what you drink at night until you are down to none.

Take good care and do not let embarrassment keep you from seeking help if you really need it. Okay?

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Holiday detox

Flirt,

I had a scrip for Xanax when I quit cold turkey. Had the horrible leg & and abdominal muscle spasms at night. I supplimented with electrolite drinks which seemed to help. If you can get gatorade in powder form, mix it "very strong" then drink without ice. It helped me with spasms. Best advice here is to see a private physician. He could help, and it would keep it quiet, as well. Take care!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Holiday detox

Im not embarresed to go to doctors folks its my wife that is she is bulgarian and i need her to translate -- im in Bulgaria at the moment and i dont get home till tuesday.The customs and culture are so different here we are in a small town that all her family have lived for generations.On a brighter note ive managed to do some window painting i think I will manage tonight with just 2 stiff drinks before bed.Since my last drink before this bender was jan 6th 2006 - its little wonder im still feeling this bad - the other problem has been for me was getting my wife to believe i was not continuing drinking to get drunk -but because my nerve ends were screaming at me i needed it -- im sure im out the other end or will be in 24hrs time -- thanks to all that wrote - flirt

Comment

Working...
                X