Under 130lbs? topa? exercise? supps? PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need program advice from the smaller gals. What dose of topa do most settle at in order to exercise, not barf and still be able to successfully moderate? I read through Paddy's topa post and found it a bit hard to compare without really knowing peoples size. I'm a firm believer that our weight and hormones effect how much medication we should take.

Also, I read somewhere in the posts about significant cravings or anxiety at the three week mark? I'm just over two AF and just now feeling like I could drink. Topa at 1/2 in am and 1 in the pm.

Feeling pretty good today other than I got a message about a high school reunion coming up and high school sucked. You know the dysfunctional family memories. Guess I need to read the poem about the challenge of new beginnings. Thanks to all for being here. You are better therapists than any I've experience in the past. BIG HUGS!!! KEKE

Hi Keke,

How many kg's is 130lbs?

I am fairly small... 55kgs and I haven't upped my dosage of Topa to more than 200mg while I am modding. I am taking 100mg in the morning and 100mg at 3pm but I am also taking my suppliments. Funny enough when I ran out of L-Glut and 5HTP that's when the wheels fell off and even though the cravings didn't came back I found myself drinking more than my one glass!!

Hope that helps.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I think it's 2.2 kgs per lb, which would make you about 121 lbs. That's small in my opinion. Thanks for the info on the L-Glut. Don't know much about 5 HTP. Will look up your posts for more info. Keke

Comment

Hi KeKe

I weigh around 118 pounds and am 5'5" tall. I started on topa at 25 mg and did fine. Felt ok at 50 but tirated up over a couple of weeks to 100 and fest really bad. I titrated back down and still felt really bad. My body and brain really did not function. Maybe if I had just stayed at the 25 or 50 I would have had a better experience - but did not and went off. I never really thought about the weight / size connection but it makes perfect sense.

Side note: I am just just about to start my 8th MONTH totally alcohol free - with out the topa (I was on it a total of 7 weeks). I am a HUGE believer in the supplements and also used the Hypno CD's for 8 weeks in the beginning. It can be done without the topa if you have any concerns. You seem very aware of your body and what drugs do to it - so go with your gut. I've learned that you CAN"T go by what other people here are doing. There are to many different types of circumstances.

Good luck to you!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks Livingfree, Guess I can't use the low tolerance for topa as an excuse to drink. I've decided to try the topa one last time in hopes of moderating in the future, but I know deep down that if the switch doesn't rewire I'm going to need to give it up for good. I don't think I'll go any higher than 75mg (which by the way is what my doc prescribed). This week was tough as the fam all had the stomach flu and I didn't get it even though I felt nauseous. I think all the supps are helping my immune system. yey Keke

Comment

Working...
          X