Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I ever going to sleep prpoperly again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I dreamt I was having an affair with a friend who died of an overdose 10 years ago!! Wtf! We were good friends and I never felt that way about him ever so why am I dreaming this shit now...weird. On the upside not drinking has alot of pluses, last night I was watching Wives and daughters and for a change my partner was asking ME the questions about what was going on....that must be a first!:H So life is good but I hope I will be able to sleep properly again, it took me ages even to get to sleep in the first place.:thanks:

Thanks Dolphin, and congrats to you ,two months is great .I cant wait to say im two months!

Comment

Limers,

Wow, that's a wierd one! Have had some doosies myself! I am 115 AF days and I would say that I just started sleeping well, without sleep aids at about 8-10 weeks. I am aware of my dreams now, unlike when I drank. I fall asleep easily and can go back to sleep when I wake up in the night, too. I have found that I don't sleep as many hours as I did when drinking. Actually,I was probably passed out, not really sleeping! Now when I wake up, I'm "BAM" awake, feel rested and ready to get to it! Good luck! It does get better. Hopefully soon, for you!

Hugs, Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I do'nt sleep well at night either ! Ha1 IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks Iad , now i will never sleep again!

Comment

SORRY, LIMERS MY DAUGHTER HAS THIS VAMPIRE THING.......TEENS WILL DO THAT ! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

When I first went AF I did some research into sleeping patterns and alcohol withdrawal and found out that it is really common to have sleep disruptions at first. The good news was that in time, your sleep could return to normal patterns. That is just starting to happen for me. But even the sleep disruptions I had when I first stopped drinking weren't that much worse than what I had when drinking. Before, when I drank heavily, I would wake up wide awake at 3:00 am all sweaty. Lovely. Now I am beginning to sleep through the night, and I'm looking forward to being where bestlifedms seems to be now.

Comment

I've heard it can take several months. Also I've heard that those of us who end up with disrupted sleep can get fibromyalgia like symptoms, but eventually everything goes back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                X