How Do YOU do the MWO Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just curious. How do you all "do" the boards?

Before I came to MWO, I had been on another board (about another topic) that has pretty much this exact program (just in a different color ), so I did what I did on the other site:

After I open the Board, I ALWAYS click on "Quick Links" and then "Today's posts" which lines up new posts from every forum/thread in chronological order. This way I see all the most current posts all together and see "what's up". Then...... repeat! I do that repetitively like a lab rat!! Do other people do it that way too? The only time I search a particular forum is to start a thread or hunt one down that I can't find .

The fact that I can drift into chat or my pm box is so awesome. And RJ's smileys and doo-hickies are killer!

I know there are all kinds of things people do - any tips or tricks?
    How do YOU MWO?

WW

Boy, do I feel stupid! I wish you would have started this thread about 5 months ago Wonder!
    I was starting at the top--Just starting out, then I'd read General, then need helps ASAP, then......No wonder I was spending all morning here!!

:thanks: :h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Wonder I think you have too much free time on your hands.

I am generally a "new posts" clicker although it does not always show all of the new posts since I logged on last so then I will go to the particular area I want to see to see if there is anything of interest.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

thanks

Wow wonderworld, I never knew about that either, I don't have time to sit and read and all, so haven't been spending too much time on anything except 30 days thread..................thanks!!:thanks:

I will be more "abreast" of what is going on now!!!:H:H

love ya!!:l:h

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hiya! I do new posts, but sometimes miss. Didnt know about quick links for todays threads. I can do that after I do new posts. cool

I do have the threads set up to start with the most recent post. So in a sense I read backwards in time. If it is a small thread or just beginning I will go to first post. But for the ongoing ones just start from the top and go backwards, or skim till I find the one that started that days conversation.:H
          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't kiss and tell.
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

lushy;372591 wrote: Wonder I think you have too much free time on your hands.

I am generally a "new posts" clicker although it does not always show all of the new posts since I logged on last so then I will go to the particular area I want to see to see if there is anything of interest.
              Just wait til I'm super-busy again. You'll miss me soon enough

Why doesn't it show ALL the new posts? It should! The MOST recent ones are in bold but then below the line all the rest are there in chrono. order too.

AND.......with your 850,000 posts, could you not offer SOME kind of trick that we might not know?

And LVT and Cowgal et al - thanks for appreciating the most excellent use of my free time

ww xox

Comment

I've always wondered how everyone else looked at the boards. I think you're a "wonder" wonder for asking! I do get sore fingers when I am on one thread and have to scroll all the way down to go back to the "general discussion" or where ever I am looking. Aside from the seasickness of the scroll..

o.k. I must go to work, must get off the threads, but had to come back and check one more time.... oh summer jobs so much more relaxed than scshool time.
                workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

I think I got it figured out (MWO2 helped)-

There is "New Posts" directly on the tool bar which is more limited. But when you click "Today's Posts" under "quick Links" , it lines up EVERY post in order and you can go back for many pages. You don't miss a thing!

ww

Comment

:lol3:One... I was thinking of your wrist today, my bicep is paining and I don't even have a muscle in my bicep!!!

I spend way too much time on my :bananacomputer:
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I have learned something today (as I do everyday here ;o)) I always do what LV and O2M do. Going to go for the quick links now. Thanks !
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I click on New Posts all the time. I don't even know what Quick Links does.

Is there an easy way to look up a member, other than finding him/her alphabetically in the Members List? (if you don't want to dig up an old post) I was trying to PM someone today whose posts I hadn't seen in a while.

Comment

5.00am. I log on and go straight to Subscribers where I read all new posts.

Then I go to the Gallery to see if there are any new pics.

Back to Main board and using Quick Links, I trawl through the 2 or 3 pages of new posts and read what interests me most. Then I poke around in the Arcade for a while. (I usually see Baldy in there!) Back to Quick links to read posts of lesser interest. I'm guessing I read 80% of everything. Now, at almost 7am, I "mark forums read" and return at various times during the day.

And yes - I spend far too much time here but hey! it's winter.

Comment

Great Minds think alike :nutso:
                            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

he he he ......

So, we've possibly saved some members from developing carpal-tunnel syndrome. Good!

CS - the only way I know how to look up members is in the members list. sorry!

Glad you mentioned the gallery Tawn. I always forget that, and there are some way cool things in there. And how come I never put stuff in there? I'll work on it.

Tawnyfrog most definitely wins the prize for:

**Member Who Makes The Best Possible Use of MWO During The Doldrums of Winter **

(taking note of your routine for December.....)

I'm afraid to go into games...... kicked a really bad ms. pacman habit in the early 90's..... gives me chills just thinking of it ......... that little yellow demon.......

ww xox

Comment

Working...
                              X