Changing negative thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently, I advised someone, I think One2many, to read Louise Hay's You can heal your life, which I know the MWO site founder def approves of.

Last time I read it I abstained for 7 days, the self-esteem messages were so strong.

I went back and reread it and was renewed. Among other things, she asks people why they make a vow to abstain from unhealthy habit, only to retreat on it the same day. She says this is because the initial need is not being addressed, just the symptom.

Also, she advises mental housecleaning of negative thoughts. She says, imagine if you are preparing a new dinner. Would you search through the old garbage to prepare it? Well, same with starting a new behavioral habit.

She also addresses family issues, saying Blame is one of the surest ways to stay in a problem. She says you need to forgive horrible parents, trying to imagine what created them if you don't know what happened.

Self-esteem is like a "magic wand" she says and I do agree with this.

I know that some things in this book I don't agree with like too much focus on psychology for physical ailments, but so much is really illuminating and empowering. I really encourage women to read this and find the things in it that are helpful. Author is very positive so it may seem like too much, but there are soo many gems. I feel really great.

Nancy.
    Sounds like something we should all read. Thank you. I for one will be checking it out.

Comment

Also, good stuff on youtube about the movie, What the Bleep. They reference Hay. The mind/consciousness (not located in the brain) is fascinating with unlimited possibilities.

Comment

I think she was on Oprah recently.

Comment

I too love this book. I have read it a couple of times...the movie is also very good.

I also really love "What the Bleep" do we know. Quantum physics is facinating!!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I "TRIED" to get Hays CD's...just could not get into them....I have tried over and over....I chalk it up to not being very "deep"...I don't know. I just wish I got out of them what you all did.
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

Ready to change

there are some things i cannot relate to!!

get the book instead of cds and take what helps.l

im pretty amazed at the nuggets there, but you have to skim!

Comment

Working...
              X