Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative Influences Floating Down Stream

Good morning, friends~
    I just crawled out of bed after listening to clearing track 2 as I was still slightly dozy. I was lying in that stream letting negative thoughts wash away, and gosh darn it if my husband wasn't just a floatin' down that stream, over and over.
    So what do you do when the main person in your life is your biggest negative influence? We had a 10 second discussion over the weekend where I told him I that I have to distance myself from him because he is always drinking. He just keeps throwing it back in my face "well I'm not the one who has changed!", as if it's a bad thing and I am the one hurting our relationship. He is a nice person with a good heart, but booze definitely has its hold on him and he honestly doesn't have any intention of giving up a "good thing". The best way to describe him is "Arthur" (Dudley Moore). He's silly, but I'm sick of it.

Well, just had to vent, thanks for listening.
    Ihope he enjoys his river ride today...
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Negative Influences Floating Down Stream

Hi river--

I feel for you, and I can relate. Mt relationship with my DH has always been a drinking one. My 2 pregnancies sucked because I couldn't drink, but he could always find someone else to drink with him. This time, he is being supportive on the outside--but deep down I can't help but think he feels like your hubby. That I've changed, and he's a little resentful. And mostly when I'm a little "short" with him, he thinks it's because I don't drink anymore and so I'm always going to be bitchy. I'm frustrated right now because he doesn't seem to want to communicate with me, or maybe he just doesn't know how. We always had our best talks when we were having a few. When I tell him things, he doesn't remember. That's a combination of the al and alot of work related things on his mind.
    I came to the conclusion this weekend, that my new sobriety is for my kids, I will focus on them for now, but will need to work on the relationship issue soon too. One thing I will not do is tell him he needs to quit drinking. He already knows that.

Hang in there!!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
    X