6 months AF today! HIP HIP Horray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone...i have been here less and less but did promise to keep you updated on my results and experiences after Lenair...For me it has been nothing less than a magical miracle...and i can not even tell you how much i was convinced it was not possible...especially for me...i was different...it would not work...but low and behold I wake up daily and it is still working...my biggest fear is that it will go away and the cravings will be back...so i hold on to each sober day and thank God...My children are flourishing and my life seems to get better and better...the problems are still there, but now i can manage my way through...from guzzling gallons of wine and martinis to tea and selzer...who knew..thanks to all here that have been there for me along the way...i would never of made it without this place....a quote for this wonderful day for all of you...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions and love love love to all...

BLESSINGS..xxoo buckle

Congratulations on your wonderful success!!!

Comment

:jumpwow::good: Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

buckledown, I am so happy for you! You sound like you are in a fantastic place right now.

Good for you!

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

So, So Happy for you Buckle!!! It just keeps getting better!!!

XXX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Wow, I'm so happy for you!:threesome:
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Hip Hip Hurray! Good Job! And thank you for such a meaningful quote.
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Oh Buckle! How wonderful! I am so happy for your new life! And thank you for the quote. I have saved it and think I will make a plaque for my wall. Absolute truth! Love, Love, Love to you, my dearest!
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello Buckle,
                    It just blows me away how the time flies. 6 months of sobriety is so awesome. I too am afraid that one day all this will just go puff and be gone, so I am hanging on to every day just like you. There have been a few nasty week for me but I never thought much about booze. Darlink, we'll never go back!
                    Thank you for your wonderful quote.
                    Hugs and all that stuff.
                    Lori
                    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

My inspiration

This post is an inspiration to me! I will not give up! Congratulations !!!

Comment

way to go Buckledown!!!!!!!!!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

awesome keep on going
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

That is great Buckle!
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

:cheering: CONGRATULATIONS ON SIX SOBER MONTHS!! :cheering:

That is an awesome accomplishment!!!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X