Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lestat - Checking In!

Hi, My name is Lestat(for now :H)

I have been drinking excessively now for 10 years..(im now 28.5).

I often(5-6 times a week) down VERY close to a bottle of bourbon a night(and work at 8-9am the next day). I don't know how others around me don't THINK I need help!

I have been browsing these forums for a long time now. I wont go to AA meetings etc, I feel this is my last port of help.

First off, I don't want to just QUIT just yet, I know I cant, really. Everyone I know including family, drinks.

On the good side, lately, I have turned to Beer instead of HARD spirits. In the last 3 weeks, I have lost 4 kg.

Anyway, I though I might say Hi, introduce myself!

Cheers
    Lestat

Lestat - Checking In!

Hi and welcome LeStat
    I am glad that u are here. You can do this, but only when u r ready. The first time I stopped drinking, I was 28, and I drank only one night until the age of 39. At the time, I was married, and had young children. My Ex had quit drinking 3 years before me, so that certainly made things easier. I did have to stop hanging out with the drinkers, which can be tough to do, especially if they are family members. I agree with mwo2. The place to start would be in reading the book. When u r ready, we will be here for u.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Yeah thanks to both of you. I came here because, although I have "toned down" my drinking, I know my body is suffering, I can feel it literally.

I'm so young, yet up until a couple of weeks ago, I was sure I was going to die...

i was so sick, I thought it was all over.

the doc said I had a fever....:upset:

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

one2many;377870 wrote: Lestat,

There are alot of people who suffered quite badly with withdrawal here...Sea, for one, I know she won't mind me saying, she went thru some horrific stuff but she has come out the other end and is doing awesome...well done again Sea....I am sure she can give you advice on this.
        Well done Sea.

I am not suffering from withdrawal, I'm yet to quit drinking!

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Are there any pplz that have MSN that are in this group?

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Ive tried many times, I fear I won't last the year out if I keep going at the pace so far, for real!

I'm In need of a/couple of "Mentors" that can help. MSN is good for now!

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Welcome Lestat. Not sure what you mean by "MSN"? The internet service? As for mentors, you can get a lot of mentoring here... but remember that this is a program for recovery from alcohol abuse... best place to start, to figure out what this place is all about, is to read the MWO book (see the home page of this website or the FAQ thread).

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

So is this some sort of subscription based stuff?

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Many do subscribe, but you do not HAVE to. You can still post, read, go to Live Chat, and get the book. If you do subscribe, I believe you get the book and some Kudzu.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

A Work in Progress;377934 wrote: Welcome Lestat. Not sure what you mean by "MSN"? The internet service? As for mentors
                    best wishes,

wip
                    By this, I mean some one who is doing great.. alcohol free and has MSN(Microsoft Messenger) that I can talk too.

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

By the way if anyone wants to chat , my MSN is azmodanog@hotmail.com

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Lestat-Why don't you jump in Chat right now. There are a few people there that you can talk to.

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

cant seem to get into there
                          Im using Linux

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Hi Lestat,

I'm with you; not ready to quit yet, but working on tapering off. I went from 20 beers on Saturday to 7-8 Sunday through today. Can't seem to break 7 beers. I am waiting for the MWO book and kudzu supps. Don't have the courage to try AF on my own.

Stay in this thread as the support is awesome. AA is not an option for me. Besides, this seems to be much more fun and encouraging.

Stay strong and remember.......
                            We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
                            We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

Lestat - Checking In!

Ive gone from a bottle of bourbon a night to 7-8 beers a night.

I feel this is good, I feel much better for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X