Lonely Sober Gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely Sober Gal

Wow, I am really starting to realize with about three weeks of soberiety under my belt how I hung out with ONLY a bunch of heavy drinkers like myself.

I'm single and now "avoiding" those people so beside hangin out with my two girls, which I do enjoy, there isn't a whole lot of other people that I can physically hang out with (you guys are here). Don't worry, not looking for excuses to hit the bottle again, just kind of sad at the realization.

I am trying to do other things but today I'm just feeling lonely. But that's okay too, there will be those days! Booze was my best friend and lover after all!

Lonely Sober Gal

Well done on your 3 weeks ,thats brilliant ..sounds like your better away from your drinking buddies. A new life will follow soon im sure with new friends that have only ever known you as alcohol free. September is coming soon ,what about signing up to a night class or something ,as a way of meeting new people...whatever you do be well.Your 2 girls will be proud of you.

Comment

Lonely Sober Gal

Thuzzy....it's a ajustment, you'll make it . Find something else to do, hobbies ( besides drinking...Ha! ).IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Lonely Sober Gal

Hi Thuzzzy,
        Your life is evolving into "a new way" for you. Staying away from "drinking buddies" is a good idea to avoid pitfalls. You have made it so far already (I'm only on day 7, but feel a sense of freedom nonetheless). I think limers idea of a night class is an excellent one- I may look into that myself. New people to be exposed to and something new to learn. I bet you're feeling pretty good physically, by now; keep that in the forefront of your mind and this, too, shall pass. Good luck to you. kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Lonely Sober Gal

Gia,
          I'm glad for you. I KNOW you will do well. You know everything you need to know about this struggle and you also know you have my support along with everyone elses. kriger
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
          X