Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting thru stressful times

Hi all
    I was wondering - I don't need to tell everyone my story or get advice on all these things that are actually almost boring to me...just that I am taking my x back to court, and have other things too that are stressing...I am just looking for inspiration or meaning. Maybe this belongs in the What We Believe thread, I don't know. I am just looking for encouragement and advice on how to stay strong during times like this. Stressful times or crises that go on for a few years, even.
    Lila

Lila,

That is a great question.

The thing is, I look at myself drunk and know I can't deal with anything stressful, oh, not even stressful, anything that requires true thinking.

So, your question should be, "How did I ever take care of things when I was drunk?"

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Lila, I hear what you are saying. I am into my 7th month alcohol free. There are still stressful times, some really huge stress in fact. There are days when I feel down. But, the difference is that I am so much more able to take care of things now. To know that I am clear thinking enough to think things through and take care of matters. A down day is just a down day.....a little blah. But, there is no headeache, exaustion and incredible anxiety that is created by alcohol to make everything look and feel worse.

What I now know for sure is this, alcohol is not a stress reliever, not something we take to relax, and certainly not something that enhances fun. A non-drinker however, experiences all of the above and so much more!

Best Wishes,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hang in there

Dear Lila,

I'm going to send you a private note but these quotes I got from a book called 'The Best of Women's Quotations' I find though profoking and uplifting:
        "Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch - what make you go beyond the norm." (Cicely Tyson)
        "I have always grown from my problems and challenges, from the things that don't work out, that's when I've really learned" (Carol Burnett)
        "I own my life. And only mine. And so I shall appreciate my person. And so I shall make proper use of myself." (Ruth Beebe Hill)
        "They talk about a woman's sphere as though it had a limit; There's not a place in earth or heaven, There's not a task to mankind given, There's not a blessing or a woe, There's not a whispered 'yes or 'no', There's not a life, or death, or birth, That has a feather's weight of worth, Without a woman in it. (Kate Field)

Though you may be tired and weary of the whole situation, believe in yourself - you have the strength and courage to keep going, get through it, and will one day be able to put it behind you. Just take it one day at a time for the moment and come here for support - we're right with you!

Take care,
        :l Arial
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment