Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so hard

Hi all,

This is not one of those motivational posts it's just me reaching out. I've been trying to cut down and doing pretty good but the detox is what's killing me. I stopped drinking early last night and went to bed early but woke up 4 hours later then every half hour after that. I didn't feel bad when i first woke up. Got a big old glass of water then went back to sleep. The second time I woke up I started with the nausea and the sweating. Drank more water splashed my face wtih water then tried to go back to sleep. No luck I finally got out of bed and felt like death. I wanted a drink so bad but made lemon water instead. Needless to say the whole work day was tourcher. Nausea, sweating dizzy, so I caved in when I got home and am having drinks. I feel awlful but at the same time normal. I am going to mod tonight and drink some sleepy time tea and take rescue sleep and maybe tomorrow will be a better day trying to kill the beast.

:thanks:

It's so hard

just do your best and dont give up.. keep on trying stay strong and think positive .. you can do this
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

It's so hard

Out of burning embers come a blazing fire !!! Throught your weakness....strenght will come . IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's so hard

Luna....tomorrow won't be any better of a day to quit than today was....

You just have to pick the day and do it. Make a vow to yourself that no matter what happens, you will not drink. Then you do whatever it takes to get through the day. Anticipate cravings when the witching hour approachs....be ready for it.

You have to make it a mission, not a hope. The first few days you have to make not drinking your #1 priority. Just look at it as a case of the flu.....you'll feel bad for a few days, but it's nothing you can't get through if you are stubborn and relentless in getting through the first few days.

Regroup and attack this thing. You have to do it....we can't do it for you, but we can sure help you get through the tough spots.

Don't beat yourself up tonight. Just think about planning your strategy and get up and put your plan into motion.....

You can do this.....

Don

Comment

It's so hard

Luna,
          I'm sorry you have so much trouble with withdrawals.....typically they don't last more than a few days. I thought mine would be herendous because I woke up with the shakes daily and had to start the day with beers. When it actually came down to it my withdrawal symptoms were for one day and not really bad at all. I had a couple of shaky days but no nausea and nothing else. I am on day 7 and feelin' fine. Everyone is different and you know you can get Ativan from your dr if you need it for symptoms. I challenge you to get up tomorrow and make that day your first AF. We are all here to help support you through this. Once you are past the first 24 hours you might find the renewed confidence that I found on Day 2- that gives you a kind of high also. Good luck on finishing up this evening sober. kriger
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
          X