Strange feeling in my legs and feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been drinking very heavily again for the past couple of weeks. Dare I say.... at least a bottle of vodka a day. Decided last week enough was enough so made an appointment with the doctor to arrange another detox but can't get to see him till tomorrow.I know it can be dangerous to completely stop when drinking the way I do but it got to Sunday and I just couldn't stomach anymore, it was making me feel so ill, so tipped it down the sink.I was so scared that night, didn't sleep at all, thinking what if I had hallucinations or worse, so I just lay watching the TV.Had terrible shakes Monday, felt a little better today but I can't seem to walk properly. My feet and legs feel really heavy and kind of numb. I'm having to drag my feet around, especially my right one.Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Someone else posted about this happening to them earlier. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Thanks shel.

Comment

I found it. Her potassium was really low. Eat a banana and drink a lot of water. I would put a call into your Dr.'s office and try speak with a nurse.. You are very dehydrated and you may need some IV fluids.
        I know it is scary.

Comment

Thanks one and shell..just going to hobble to the couch now and have a lie down.

Comment

Thanks dolphin. I'm drinking gallons of the stuff.

Comment

Rooting for you mints.

Lx

PS does alcohol cause low potassium?
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Alcohol causes dehydration, which screws with all your electrolytes, including potassium....

wip

Comment

Minty, can you eat anything?

so glad you are getting some help dear!

if you have multi vitamins and extra C take them, and yes, lots of water.

please let us know how you are doing.

not to be an alarmist but sometimes withdrawals can take up to 17 hours to begin after the last drink.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Det, yes managing to eat a little now thanks and drinking loads of water.

it's been 3 days sinse the last drink and I think withdrawal has well and truely kicked in but I'm seeing my doctor later today.

Taking me ages to type...I wonder why

Comment

Good your seeing the Doc Mint you probably need the Meds he will prescribe...... but can I suggest you also need the recovery Vitamins as outlined in RJ's book plus bucket loads of water !!! IT really helps........ If you don't have the book have a look at the web site...... the suggested supplements are pretty much laid out there I know for some they can be expensive but try and start with a good B and Magnesium and C as Det said..... for troubled sleep Melatonin works well hang in you are going to be ok.....as long as you can stop drinking it gets easier from day 5 but even at day one you will feel the benifits just do as your Doc says in the beginning resist the drink for a while ( the hard part I know BUT NOT impossible) it gets a whole lot better promise.
                      Love cap

Comment

hi cap. I'm taking campral and found some B complex in my cupboard also some multivitamins and minerals. I've been drinking plenty of water. I'll definately do as the Doc says and hopefully won't ever touch alcohol again.

thanks..love mint

Comment

Me too Minty....just kidding, need to see your Doc. IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thats brilliant IAD...thanks

Comment

BUT IAD, you do realise that if they stay like this I'll be blaming you for putting your curse on me. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X