Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A powerful link that helped me quit for 1 week

Warning -- sound on the link!
    If any of you are on your computer near others sleeping, or someone you don't want to know that you are on MWO, there is a blast of music at Bullet/page 28! So turn off sound on your 'puter!
    Very powerful, true -- the beady little blinking eyes did it for me. I have read some of his stuff before, though, and he is a little over the top.
    p.s. I tried to post a regular "reply" but it's not working....

Comment

Well, I liked the link.. it helped me.. I am day 1AF today.. and will look at that link every afternoon when beer'o'clock comes around.

Thanks Looking!!

Comment

Rational Recovery Forum

Has anyone subscribed to the Rational Recovery forum? I am considering doing that instead of hanging out here. The people here are wonderful, but there is also lots of drinking which continues to strengthen that thought that maybe I can learn to moderate. I want to kill that thought (the beast) for good.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I read the Rational Recovery book a few years ago....It's called The Small Book (as opposed to AA's The Big Book).....

He came up with the whole Beast philosophy....how there are 2 voices in our head, one is the real you who wants to quit, and the other is The Beast who wants you to drink. His whole point is we are responsible for our own actions and can rationally talk ourselves out of major cravings by identifying the Beast thoughts before we act on them...

I agree with alot of this. We are responsible for what we put in our mouth....no one else makes us drink.

But I also disagree with his views on group support. Like I said, I read his book a few years ago, but wasn't able to quit. I found MWO, combined it's program with The Beast theory and the support of the people here, and I'm over 1 year AF.....

I think you just have to do what works for you.....1 program or a combination of things you like about different programs..

It is an interesting site....people should at least check it out to understand the Beast concept.....

Don

Comment

Alcoholism as a Disease

I've spent some time in AA and the thing I can't quite reconcile is that they define alcoholism as a disease (which I believe it is), but their answer to that is going to meetings, praying, and following the steps.

If you had diabetes or cancer, would you realistically expect that sitting around talking about it at meetings would help? That if you prayed enough and had enough grace from God that your disease would go away?

What other diseases are treated that way? Sort of sounds like BS to me.....

My two cents

Bandita

Comment

Working...
            X