A DRINK SOUNDS REALLY GOOD RIGHT NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday has always been a "partying" day for me and my friends and on the way home from the beach that's all I had on my mind. Should I swing by the liquor store?? So I went to starucks instead, I hope that helps!!!

Good for you Izzi!!
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks Amelia,
      I just need to get through tonight

AMELIA;385706 wrote: Good for you Izzi!!
      x

Comment

izzi-
        you can get through the nite, stay here and chat with some of us....we got your back!!!

Comment

thank you, I find everyone here is very supporitive. I think it helps just reading the different threads

Comment

:goodjob: izzi
            One smart choice at a time!! Keep changing your "habits" it's key to success!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I had a starbucks today too. I need to get off the lattes or I am going to be a big fat sober fatty by the time all is said and done.

Very proud of you Izzi...keep on keepin' on!

Comment

Hi Izzi,

I do think we get stronger the more times we say no. Start a new habit - isn't Sunday a school night? Good for you for reaching for a safe drink. That way, you keep going on the journey and don't have to keep starting from day 1 each time. That would be tough!

V.

Comment

GREAT CHOICE!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Anyone for a shot..... of espresso?

Funny that I read this thread when I did. It's about 6pm Sunday evening, around the time I would normally have a drink. I've been debating with myself for about the last hour or so now whether to have a drink or not. It usually fits in very well before dinner to help tide me over. So I had a little snack instead. The craving is still hanging around though and I was just thinking that a nice caramel macchiato or vanilla latte would hit the spot!

Are we ever going to be able to stop "filling in" the empty space? I'm hoping that one day I just won't notice an empty space there anymore.
                    :crazymonkey:

Good job on the Starbucks choice Izzi! :goodjob:
                    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                    ~Clutch

Comment

It,s 8pm stores are closed I'm good

Isolde;385802 wrote: Funny that I read this thread when I did. It's about 6pm Sunday evening, around the time I would normally have a drink. I've been debating with myself for about the last hour or so now whether to have a drink or not. It usually fits in very well before dinner to help tide me over. So I had a little snack instead. The craving is still hanging around though and I was just thinking that a nice caramel macchiato or vanilla latte would hit the spot!

Are we ever going to be able to stop "filling in" the empty space? I'm hoping that one day I just won't notice an empty space there anymore.
                      :crazymonkey:

Good job on the Starbucks choice Izzi! :goodjob:

Comment

great job keep it up
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

if only Starbucks had a garlic brew....I'd never have to leave!

well done Izzi!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Ha ha ha. I did almost the same thing. I was coming home from my family reunion, thinking about having a frosty beer. I stopped at Dunkin's and got a Turbo iced instead. I will be happy that I did tomorrow.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

nc one but beleive me coffee can raise your blood pressure as much as anything else alldepends on how much you take in gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X