Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going be a member 4ever!!!

Hey everyone,

I was a member awhile back. My Aunt passed away and I've been drinking since then. I came here for support as much as I could......things got out of control for about 9 months. Now I'm back for good.

I almost got a DWI on Saturday. That scared the shit out of me. I've done the stupidest things, drunk out of my mind, for so many years now. Nothing bad or even close to bad has ever happened as a result of drinking. My health is what brought me here last year. I never even thought about all the other things that could go wrong........ at least not enough to get me to stop.

Now I'm ready to quit drinking for my health and everyone around me. I'm going to try not to drink again and I will NEVER drive drunk again. The Officer didn't arrest me. I just got "a slap on the wrist" with a speeding & seatbelt ticket.

Sorry I was gone for so long. Hope to chat with you all soon.

Buudha

:hello2::colorwelcome: back :groupluv::wave: stay strong and think positive
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hiya Budda, love the tatoo! Good idea to start taking care of yourself so best of luck with it all .

Comment

Welcome back, Buddha, and congrats on the recent enlightenment! My suggestion: go hard-core with this, get your mind focused on a program, something more than "try" not to drink! Get a good solid plan of action!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

hey Buddha

I was just thinking today how absolutely wonderful this site is. It has sure helped me navigate some turbuant waters.
          You sure had a lucky break there!

Welcome!!

Lila

Comment

this is not my first time....

welcome back...did not know ya before....but we have both came back....good sisgn..take care

Comment

Welcome Buddha,
              I'm a newbie but realized in a short time this place is awesome. It's good your here.
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ouch,gia got to you 1st,love that ladies comments but heres one for you,did the officer do you a favor or not,do it for you,not anyone else,come here cause you need guidance,and of all things,b4 you can change you have to love yourself,good luck this time, gyco

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone. I will read and post as much as I can. This place helps a lot.

Thanks,
                  Buddha

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back Buddha,

I think you got what Seacailin calls a Godsmack - that was the creator of the universe telling you it's time, buddy, it's time. Obviously you got the message and you're fired up. I truly hope sobriety works for you this time, though for most of us it's a long journey. Know that everyone here will encourage and cajole you along the way. We want you to succeed as much as we need to succeed. Just know that life throws us all curves, and we have to deal with them without the old al. I'm sure this is nothing new for you - sometimes I just have to say it to remind myself. Good for you for taking this step.

V.

Comment

Good luck Buddha. I'm sure most of us can say it's taken us more than one try. I hope this is your time. Jump in both feet first. Do the whole program. It can work. You can do it!. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

Welcome Back Buddah!!

Come join the AF Party!!

:disco:
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Glad your back and that you won't be driving DRUNK again...Remember how GOOD SOBER FEELS...that's what keeps me going...LOVE your tatoo...a Hindu God,right???Evielou
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Welcome back! It's a great place to get the motivation that you need or just to get some stuff off of your chest.

Hope to read your posts soon.

Michaela
                              :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                              AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Working...
                              X