GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVER DOING...I finally (with Hubby's help)figured out how to add photos so for those of you who asked to see,there you go.For the others,you may want to see what happens when you take an obsessive person and teach them Gem cutting skills.This is just a small tip of a huge ICEBERG of gems and jewelry that I can lay claim too.Someday I am going to learn that quantity and quality are not the same thing....ANYTHING TO KEEP ME BUSY AND YOU CAN'T HOLD A DRINK WHILE YOU CUTTING STONES....Evielou
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Wow Evielou!!
    How fantastic! Did you make the necklaces? They are fabulous!!
    They are some beautiful gems and stones that you have there.
    Would love to see more.
    How do you cut them....what sort of machinery do you need to do that?
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Those are beautiful!

Comment

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Thanks for looking...part of me is very proud of the work that I do and then there is the part that once I start,I can't stop..Yes I made the necklaces myself and Hubby is much the better gold and silver smith than I so much of that work is a share effort.I start it then get frustrated or burn myself and beg him to finish it.I am pretty good with the Precious Metal Clay...Amazing stuff,you just mold it like normal clay and but it in the kiln...out comes the piece in Pure Silver or gold.I cut the gems on a 7wheel pixie diamond wheel machine.I have been into Gems all my life so we got married during the big GEM SHOW WEEK in Las Vegas...I get my Gem rough from all the different Gem Miners who I have befriended thru the years and take Field trips to dig my own.We spent our 1month honeymoon digging opals in Virgin Valley NV.Dug tourmaline in PALA ca.Dug Sunstone in Plush OR. and basically worked and camped our way thru Turq.,Agate and Jasper deposits in the S.W....We have dozens of shoe boxes filled with rough that we have collected....It is a healthier Addiction than AL...
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Thank you for more info Evielou.
          I have love jewellery making and precious stones.
          One of my closest friends mothers makes necklaces (although she doesn't cut her own stones). I met him when I was thirteen and am still friendly with him now.
          Over the years his mom has taught me so much about precious stones and gems.
          Topaz, Onyx, Moonstone, Lapis Lasuli, Amber etc etc.
          Would love to see some more necklaces!!
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

GEM LOVERS...TAKE A LOOK

Evie,
            thanks for sharing your beautiful work. Gemstones are addictive. I don't work them, just buy them polished and drilled ready for assembly. Now you must take a trip to Oz and dig up some opals. Is it your hobby? You and Dave should get together, you would have a blast.
            My favorites of the semi precious ones are Lapiz and Tibetan Turquoise.
            We want to see moooooooooooooore.
            Thanks again for sharing.
            Lori
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X