Three Weeks and Feeling WEIRD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm three weeks sober with AB except for a stupid test last night which totally did what it was suppose to. Made me red faced, short breath and finally dizzy and crashed before the sickness hit.

I feel alone, I miss my best friend AL, it was always there for me and it beckoned me in the evenings to sit down and make everything go away.

I feel so much physically better but still MISS it! It didn't judge me, it didn't argue, it just was there with me.

Someone say something to change my thinking cause I know its only going to keep me down if I stay with it! I need some sort of mini escapes - little things to get me through these terrible thoughts! I feel so alone physically. I don't trust to tell people Im on AB - they wil think I'm a freak or something and yet I don't know what to do with all the friends I have are drinkers so turning to them is like turning to the bottle!

I feel like its work, work, raise kids, work, and then do it all without my little escape.

Dear ThuzzyQ,I am over 3months and unexpectedly found Beer in the shed and I feel ALL the old feelings of MISSING MY BUDDY come flooding back....YOU WILL GET NO JUDGMENT FROM ME !!!!!! ONLY SYMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING....
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Thuzzy AL may have made everything go away but it also took YOU with him.
      I really struggled with what to do with myself at first. My escapes are coming here, reading, patting myself on the back and just letting life show me new ways of being and feeling. It takes time. and the road isn't smooth but overall it is SO much better than before.
      You can do it. Give yourself a kick in the butt and keep going.
      Good thoughts are coming your way now!
      Take care
      SO
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
      X