Someone like me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone like me

I was able to share my story with another friend today. She told me this story. It hit me really hard as it could have been me. A nurse ( like me ) only drank wine ( like me ). She didn't think of herself as a true alcoholic as she didn't drink anything else. Her tolerance for AL was quite high ( like me ). One day , like many others she drank alot , didn't feel the buzz and drove her car. ( I will stop the like me's now but you get my point ). Anyway she dozed off and hit another car head on. She and a passenger in the other car were seriously injured. They will be okay thankfully. Her blood AL was 0.379. 5 times the legal limit and she did not feel the buzz. Her life is now about recovering from the physical injury, emotional and psychological distress and legal issues. I am thankful that I have stopped drinking before something like this happened to me. It was certainly possible. No buzz doesn't mean not drunk.

Someone like me

aylalarry;387989 wrote: No buzz doesn't mean not drunk.
    I second that! I crashed my car Monday night just gone, it was my fault - so glad I hadn't been drinking and that no one was injured.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Someone like me

im hearing you Ayla and your right ..fecking maddness. There really is no such thing as a functioning alcoholic.

Comment

Someone like me

Our UK government TV ads suggest you don't need to be over the limit to be a drink driver!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Someone like me

yep that was me and i was so lucky so many times..driving while drunk..and thank god i dont have to worry anymore about drinking and driving.. am ready for anything that might happen if anyone needs me in case of an emergency..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Someone like me

Isn't that the worst? I dozed off while having my son in the car once and hit a tree. If he had not been wearing his seat belt, he could have been seriously hurt. I did not have the slightest feeling of being drunk, but apparently I was more so than I thought. This is a real eye opener for all of us. Thanks for posting.

By the way, my mother is one of those who can drink all day long then get in her car to drive. She has gotten away with it for 40 years, but I think eventually everyones luck runs out when it comes to drinking and driving!

Best wishes,
            FROGZ~

Comment

Someone like me

Some how , by the GRACE of GOD...I stayed PUT after DRINKING...
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
              X