Friendships and NOT alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which n/a beers and wines are good? I know they have come a long way, but n/a wine used to taste like old grape juice. Yuk!
    We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
    We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

NA beer

Nan,
      Kaliber (made by Guinness) is the best of the NA beers. (IMO) Buckler is also pretty good. I haven't had an O'Douls or Sharps in years -- I am not a big fan of "mass produced" beers (i.e. Bud, Miller Lite) so I like the fuller flavored stuff. They are just a bit sweeter than real beer and a little fizzier, but on a hot summer day - not bad.

Comment

Thanks CS04, now I just need to reuse my Rolling Rock bottles!
        We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
        We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

I agree with Cinders. My life has become VERY lonely because of my drinking. Passing up on invites until they no longer call you. It's not pretty .... I think the "other side" is going to be ALOT more fun!

Comment

Hi Thuzzy,

Just checking in to see how your weekend went.

I just read the whole thread and wanted to let you know I empathize. I have always had a hard time making friends -- I mean REAL friends -- and I think thats partially due to the fact that I've been drinking since I was a teenager (i'm 43 now). When I look back I feel like I was "friends" with so many people that I never would have hung out with sober. In fact I left my life in NYC in my 20's because to get away from the life I was living; the group of people I spent time with were all involved with music and art and they all drank heavily. After I broke up with my boyfriend (who was a huge lush and I had in effect become more of a mother than a lover to) I realized I didn't want this life -- some of the people were in their 40s & 50's and doing what they did in their 20's (aging rockers are not a pretty sight). So I moved to San Francisco and guess what? Not one of them ever called me or wrote or visited. Now I'm not saying your friends are not REALLY your friends, but just that if drinking is all you do is a group, chances are you'll find much more fulfilling relationships elsewhere.

And one thing no one else here made as a suggestion was planning weekend activities with your daughters. You don't mention their ages, but I'm sure they are aware on some level of your drinking and even though they might roll their eyes they would probably enjoy an age appropriate activity with their Mom. Just a thought.

Please check in and let us know you're OK.

Cheers

Comment

Thuzzy -

Erin here also wondering how you are doing. PLease check in with us!
              Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

good thread it sounds like the rest of us,but i can only speak of me,one of the best things i do is remember these days,not tht i didnt b4,but i ddint care,this place is GRAND, kind like the TITANIC,then theres AA,still easy enuff,but harsh to say the least,then theres the hospital wards but you really dont have to stay,just leave when you want,then the sanitarium and thts where ive been,and all leave it at ht because last but not least ther e is DEATH,welcom back im not pikin on you ,you had a great THREAD,DANG MY DAY HAS BEEN great GYCO

Comment

Working...
                X