Eggs Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggs Alcohol

Heard this at one of my meetings the other day and like the analogy between eggs and alcohol.

Supposed I go into a restaurant and for my meal order scrambled eggs for the first time in my life. I eat the eggs and suddenly go into convulsions and fall onto the floor because I am allergic to eggs. The waitress has to call 911 and I'm taken to the hospital for treatment to that allergy.

I recover and a week later go back to the same restaurant, but this time I order eggs sunny-side up. The waitress looks at me like I am absolutely crazy. "The last time you were in here and ate eggs, you went into convulsions and I had to call 911!" I look at her with a straight face and say, "ah, but this time it will be different, I am ordering my eggs sunny-side up."

For the true alcoholic, isn't this the way that we approach drinking? Our insane thinking tells us that this time it will be different because I will only drink beer, or only drink on the weekends, etc. But is doesn't matter, as the phenomena of craving kicks in anyway.

This is only my perspective - others may have a different view, but it was true for me. So many times I tried to do it a different way, only to have the outcome turn out the same. Once that first drink passed my lips the alcohol craving would set in and I would almost always want more.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Eggs Alcohol

So true! As my quote says, "Wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!" I will just have one this time. OR, I will just have a couple while I cook dinner. I won't have anymore after everyone gets home. Yea, right!

Just couldn't stand it any more! This is so much easier. Sooooo much better! Everything is better! So relieved that is over!
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

thnx athelete ,yea thats kinda like the desciption of the guy that walks around the block several days in a row and keeps fallin into the hole,and finally figures he should take anther street gyco

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

I for one have tried my "eggs/AL" every way possibly imaginable, but get the same exact results every damn time. Thanks for sharing....
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

I think you are right on about the analogy between the eggs and alcohol. I have tried it every way imagineable and that first drink for me always gets me drunk in the end! No exceptions for this kid.
          FROGZ~

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

The shrinks always say and I've heard it in AA before as well... THe definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I think this is true.

Love and light,
            FROGZ~

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

AA my old m8...I loved that...Thats up there with Irishladys swimmingpool..Very nice post..Some stars are coming from the fish face..
              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

GREAT analogy AA. True for me, that's for sure. How many ways can you make eggs, anyway? If I had an egg recipe for every way I've tried to control drinking while drinking, I'd have more cook books than Betty Crocker.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

:HLOL:H
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

I have egg on my face....and I can't get up.....
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

Eggs and alcohol what a combo !! IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

What is that and "eggtini"? Talk about GROSS!
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

Athlete, you are absolutely right.

And Det, you are really funny... irreverent, AND really funny!:

I have egg on my face....and I can't get up.....
                          wip

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

and sober!

egg beaters?

ahahahahahahahahahaaa
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Eggs Alcohol

And here I thought it was going to be a thread about stinky morning farts.

Seriously, good analogy AA. So spot on.
                              where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                              X