Not trying to be gross, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to be gross, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever had loose bowels as a symptom of AL withdrawal in the first month or two. Or have you read that this can be one symptom. Thanks.

OMG..........yes!!! Well, *I* have. And if you're taking Milk Thistle, it takes a while for your system to get used to that. It does go away.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Thank you! Milk Thistle does seem to have some minor side effects for me. Relief to know that it's probably temporary. NOT fun.

Comment

I had them when I was drinking, but now I have gone in the opposite direction. I think our systems take this detox differently for each person. Eventually it all balances out and our systems reach a normality. I have been AF 19 days and I feel things are getting more normal every day. I don't think actual withdrawal symtoms last for more than a week or two. I hope this situation clears up for you soon. All the best. kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks for this post - thought I was COMPLETELY falling apart after just 5 days AF! Headaches, nausea, loose bowels, just general malaise....hope it doesn't last too much longer. It's such a drag! Guess I should just shut up - the old bod is just getting back at me for pickeling it with all the wine!
          "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Yes after 3 days, I am still definately out of sorts in one way or another- low energy, low self esteem, mood swings, and thats just the mental side of it!

But when I think of what I have been doing to myself for years I guess it is no wonder!

I am estimating by 30 days (hopefully some before) everything will be back to normal?

Comment

Everyone remember to drink LOTS of water with lemon. It helps flush the body, which is trying to get rid of toxins. If you stay with it, suddenly one day you will realize you feel good and light and clean, ready to take on tomorrow. Try replacing reaching for AL with reaching for water! The habit of just having a drink in your hand will be fulfilled and maybe the water & lemon will become your drink of choice! LOL
              CJ
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

everything your goin thro is normal,nausea,fever flu like symtons but it will pass,all but the emptyness inside,thats where the drugs and alchoho; were are release,for a while anyways,till it catchesup,remember you put kind of a poison in your body,i once had a remark made to me,think of when you have an operation,and the anastesoligist gives you to much,2 things can happen,you come out very groggy or you dont come out at all,feel lucky u found freinds just like u here gyco

Comment

Working...
                X