JEALOUSY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JEALOUSY

This is sick - but sometimes I find myself feeling jealous of those who are drinking to excess! I'll hear, 'I drink a litre of vodka a day...' or something similar and I'll have this part of me that's JEALOUS! I'll think 'I wish I was drinking a litre of vodka a day, yum!' and I crave a little! SICK! SICK! SICK! It's utter rubbish! These people are hurting because they're struggling with addiction just as I was. ARRRRRRRRRRGH! I know there are other people who feel the way I do too but maybe feel uncomfortable about admitting it - I did! Feels better to get it out though!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

JEALOUSY

I am actually repulsed by drinking or eating in excess.

Comment

JEALOUSY

Perhaps its just part of the process vlad?
      I have just read a book about giving up the booze and it is like a bereavement, so you go through all sorts of uncomfortable emotions on the way.
      Anyway as they say, best out than in (thoughts)
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

JEALOUSY

Lucky -- your reply made me laugh -- to me "access" is a computer program that I use... and I hate access! Your point is well taken.
        Tiny

Comment

JEALOUSY

Yes, thanks Tiny. You are correct! I will change it!

Comment

JEALOUSY

Dearest Vlad,I can relate to the feeling jealous of people who are drinking.I have thought about this alot and I think it is the memory of when AL felt good that I miss.At the end AL never felt good so I know it is just a false memory.If your sick Vlad...I want to catch your disease.You are very wise in my eyes.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

JEALOUSY

evielou;390686 wrote: Dearest Vlad,I can relate to the feeling jealous of people who are drinking.I have thought about this alot and I think it is the memory of when AL felt good that I miss.At the end AL never felt good so I know it is just a false memory.If your sick Vlad...I want to catch your disease.You are very wise in my eyes.
              Ohhhh... thank you evielou! The jealous feeling is just one of those obsessional feelings I just can't seem to get shut of! One of the reasons I accidently stumbled across MWO in the first place.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

JEALOUSY

vlad you're not alone in your feelings. I can remember feeling the same way during the first six months or so of being AF. I can even remember being extremely jealous of anyone in a restaurant who seemed able to have just one glass of wine with their meal. I used to look at them and think why them and not me, even though by then I knew that I didn't want to drink again so the feeling and the thoughts were totally illogical. Even now at nearly two years AF I still get the same sort of feelings occasionally.
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

JEALOUSY

Vladster I think it's the buzz more than anything else I miss. It was so easy for me to get "happy" or "talkative" or loose my inhabitions (sp?) on AL. I find it so difficult to communicate (not on MWO though LOL) and AL has always openend the door to that for me. I am now learning how to be happy without it and get high on life. It's not easy mind you... and it's not always pretty when I look into the mirror and realise just how shallow and meaningless my life became.

Don't let AL fool you into thinking that it holds good times wrapped in a Vodka bottle... it only holds misery, self-loathing and guilt!!!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                  X