Rain in my heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain in my heart

Last night I found a documentary on YouTube following 4 alcoholics and their treatment on the NHS. It is very harrowing and graphic, but it does highlight how this condition, disease or whatever you would like to call it it treated in the UK. The results are treated but the causes seem not to be addressed. It is very sad, two patients die during filming. It is an excellent advertisment to stay away from alcohol.

Unfortunately I could not find the whole documentary so it is shown in 10 x 10 min slots. Here is the link to the site where you will find all 10 parts. (I hope I have done this correctly!)

[ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (1 of 10)[/ame]
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Rain in my heart

Woops, I haven't. Bear with me while I try and just post the links instead of the whole video!

Comment

Rain in my heart

1) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (1 of 10)[/ame]

2) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (2 of 10)[/ame]

3) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (3 of 10)[/ame]

4) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (4 of 10)[/ame]

5) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (5 of 10)[/ame]

6) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (6 of 10)[/ame]

7) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (7 of 10)[/ame]

8) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (8 of 10)[/ame]

9) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (9 of 10)[/ame]

10) [ame= ]YouTube - Rain In My Heart (10 of 10)[/ame]

Comment

Rain in my heart

Hi Starting! It IS and amazing documentary! I watched this about 3 months into getting sober. I'd like to say it had some impact on me but STILL I always thought that I'm different and it will never happen to me. The battle between the directors conscious and the actual 'documentary' is clear when he is with Velda and wants to just grab that bottle of vodka off her. It's a must see! I downloaded it using a torrent player and have it stored on my hard drive. I'm glad you brought this to the attention of folk again though because I think EVERYONE should watch this who is here. It pulls no punches and tells it how it is!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

thanks guys, I was in two minds whether to post or not. It is so harrowing and I didn't want to offend anyone.
          I just hope that it helps in some way

Comment

Rain in my heart

Wow! This documentary was horrific. Grief, self-loathing, depression are so powerful. Watching Mark chug a whole beer glass full of red wine and then vomit was pretty hard. I don't want to be there ever! If I feel like I might get to that point, I will surely watch the videos again. KTB

Comment

Rain in my heart

What really got my back up even before the documentary started was the fact that most of the NHS hospitals in this country didn't wanna know; like he was trying to paint a bad picture of the health care with alcoholics. He just wanted to make a fly on the wall doc. about people who were suffering with alcoholism. I spoke to a good friend today who is a nurse working with alcoholics and she said exactly the same thing. With life expectancy in this country higher than it has been for years and a struggling NHS service to provide for that care......well....you work it out!.

Thanks again starting for 'starting'.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

Hippie, I am just glad people are watching.

When I was a kid my dad was an alcoholic, no-one talked about his problem really and I think the help then was even worse than now. If only I knew then what I know now. It's all about education isn't it? No matter how hard it is to take.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Startingover, how long is the whole series of videos?

Comment

Rain in my heart

CS, they are about 10 mins each

Comment

Rain in my heart

Thanks- trying to budget time!

Comment

Rain in my heart

Oops - you did say that in your initial post - sorry. I watched the 1st clip; will have to watch the rest over the next several days I think.

There was an episode of Oprah a few years ago with a woman who had been burned alive by a drunk driver (was in a car accident). It was the most horrific thin I have ever seen with regard to drunk driving; there have been discussions about it on these boards in the past. The young woman, originally from Venezuela and studying in the US, was so horribly disfigured.

We do sometimes need these wake-up calls, don't we. Ouch.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Wow. That's some heavy stuff. Not very hopeful, is it

Comment

Rain in my heart

CS No problem
                            Sassy, that's just it, there is hope, but we have to find it ourselves. If this wakes people up in some way before it is too late.....then it will have done some good.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Thanks for taking the time to post these StartingOver.

Very Very sobering.

I will be coming back here when I feel my resolve weakening.

Comment

Working...
                              X