Rain in my heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain in my heart

I started out another recovery forum and a friend brought this to my attention. It has been the most hard hitting thing I've watched on alcoholism EVER. If you really wanna hear and watch about TRUE alcoholism then you would do good to WATCH these clips. TAKE THE TIME! Really watch these people and what they are saying. It's NO JOKE! I heard my very words coming out of the mouths of these people when I was in the throws of my own denial.

Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

Yeah, like "I just drink cause I'm bored."

Comment

Rain in my heart

Just bumping this up again.......
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

I have only watched up to number 5 so far (no 4 wouldn't load for me last night, will try again now) but even this far the denial is very obvious in the 2 females, while the young guy seems to be in a much better place because he KNOWS he has a problem and he KNOWS if he doesn't grab it by the throat this time it will kill him.

Whether he is able to stop drinking I have yet to see, but I think at least most of here (if not all) KNOW we have a problem and are trying to beat it.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Marbella, let me know if you are still having problems and I will post again.

Yep, I knew I had a problem, just couldn't find the right tools or the mindset to help me beat it. It has taken me about 25 years to get somewhere. I am so thankful to this place and everyone here.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Thanks I managed to see it today- so I am now up to number 6.

I have to go out now- I will watch the rest tonight. It is harrowing stuff, but I think to watch one episode every morning could be a good tool as a reminder why we must not have a drink.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Yes thanks for taking the time to put this on, have just sat through the whole thing. Will definately watch it again when I am feeling weak.
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Rain in my heart

thnx starting over i cant wait to watch them,waitin for all to leave, and go work,i no in this country rt now it is only time b4 ,companies will have the rt to ask for a urine sample b4 you go to work in the morning,alchohol is getting a lot less tolerable at the work places now,also was most of the cause for accidents also,but as of yet it is still the rite of people to go out of work in the evening and get blitzed,and still actually be blitzed in the morning,amagine how many years weve gone to work and the guy or lady that was workin with us was still drunk,its a real shame i had to lern that in a sanitarium,and yet it against human rites to ask for a sample,what about the human rites of the one who gets hurt or dies,thnx again gyco

Comment

Rain in my heart

I know I need to watch these - just need to pluck up the guts to do it!
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Rain in my heart

1 down 9 to go... shudder!!!
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Rain in my heart

Be brave vladders!!!

Gyco yes you are right, I just hope that these help in moments of weakness like Zeppie says

Comment

Rain in my heart

I am very grateful for this post too. Shocking, but just what I need to see, ti keep me grounded. Frustratingly, I could only get to part 3, as I too was having trouble loading. Will try again later.
                          Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Rain in my heart

Hi Step, :welcome:
                            Let me know if you are still having troubles and I will post again.
                            Glad that it is helping

Comment

Rain in my heart

Watched 2 now but my internet connection's playing up!

Comment

Rain in my heart

I've got three more to go- this gets worse- felt so sorry for the dad who had actually managed to beat the beast for 10 years- but it still got him.

Comment

Working...
                                X