Rain in my heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain in my heart

Just finished watching all 10 of them whilst doing the ironing.
    Previously had an urge to get a bottle of wine from the shop, but have now decided against it.. so THANK YOU so much for posting these.
    Very hard to watch Mark with downing that red wine, then vomiting, then sobbing..awful. And was shocked to see the transformation in Toni.. in those two photographs they showed she looked so happy and healthy and pretty.
    Very hard hitting stuff.
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Rain in my heart

Have watched 4, getting there...
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Rain in my heart

Wow -

Thanks for posting this. You are right. It is graphic but stories that need to be told to hopefully, help others....myself included.

I highly suggest anyone on this site to view it. It takes a bit of time but more than worth it.
        Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Rain in my heart

Very valuable. Thanks for posting these.

wip

Comment

Rain in my heart

one that's the whole point with this doc. You kind of get to know this girl and her life etc then BAMN! she's dead! It scares the shit out of me that maybe my daughter might end up like me. I know someday soon I'm going to be e-mailing Cindi and asking her advice. It sacres ME. I don't know how people deal with this tbh.
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

One thing I was surprised at was when Vanda was released from a very long stay in hospital she had a number of paid NHS carers visiting her on a daily basis.

Antebuse was never mentioned- one of them could easily have administered it, and the same with Paul. When he left he was happy to be AF for a while and for sure would have appreciated it- or am I missing something?

When a friend of mine left rehab here it was kind of mandatory I believe- her husband was given the job of administering it after being informed by the doctors what alcoholism is.

She has been AF for 10 years now- I mean it does work for lots of people.

Comment

Rain in my heart

That's exactly it Marbella, all they deal with is the fallout and the acute stages of the illness. None of the ongoing mental health issues seem to be addressed. It is such a crying shame.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

I have 2 left to watch now...
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Rain in my heart

Vlad you are very brave, proud of you:h

Comment

Rain in my heart

Yes I was also quite horrified at the state of the hospital- I left the UK when I was 16 (although did visit my dad in hospital 4 years ago in the South of England and I wasn't over impressed) but that hospital was quite depressing, with everybody on top of each other all crammed in.

In the equivalent of my local NHS hospital here there are rooms with only 2 beds in each, each room has a TV, a good view, and a well equipped bathroom.

They are also very clean- I mean there was so much stuff crammed in those wards I don't think it would be possible to clean.

I am not surprised people come out sicker than they went in :upset:

Comment

Rain in my heart

I know what you mean. My mum has been in and out of hospital for the past 2 years and some of them have not been good at all. Like you say overcrowded, mixed wards and grubby. Not condusive to getting better.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Sorry about your mum, my ex boyfriend's mum caught MRSA in hospital and subsequently died- aalthough she was quite sick anyway.

Oh well guys and gals even more reason to be AF or serious modders for those who can and make sure we never end up in there.

I have watched all 10 now but will make a point of watching one clip everyday- I think they are an excellent deterrent.

Thanks again for posting them.

Comment

Rain in my heart

You are very welcome. I am so glad that I did now. I watched on Saturday and was very upset by it. Was in two minds whether to post. But now I am glad that I did.

MRSA? That is horrific, I am so sorry.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Marbella, your plan to watch one clip every day sounds like a good one Startingover, thanks for making this post
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Rain in my heart

I think it means you are a subscriber.
                                :l
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X