Rain in my heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain in my heart

I had a dream about Mark in this documentary last night.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Rain in my heart

Marbella, I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday and with it your story. That must've been so painful for you.

I am eternally grateful that I have acknowledged I have an addiction to AL and I am addressing it, so as not to end up like that.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Rain in my heart

Yes, me too; some people just have no idea about what is going on with their addiction.

A few years before the Wernicke's came on my friend arrived at my place to help me, and as usual arrived with a very small snack and a 6 pack.
        At that time my own addiction was not as advanced- I drank every night but had not yet got onto the feeling of needing a drink in the morning. (It came soon after though).

I asked him if he didn't like ever being sober- he replied "No, because it makes me go all shaky" or something similar.

He had NO IDEA that it was the alcohol making him shake- all he saw was as soon as he stopped he would shake and when he drank he felt OK- therefore equating sobriety with anxiety and shakiness.

I feel very greatful I am better informed about this illness and have access to tools to help me beat it.

Comment

Rain in my heart

Just bumping this up for any newbies that might be starting.....
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Rain in my heart

Yes good idea- I wonder if anybody PM'd RJ requesting it be made a sticky?

Comment

Rain in my heart

I am bumping this up...this is WHY we are here !
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Rain in my heart

Thanks Britzak, yes it is why we are here.
                I PMd RJ yesterday to ask if she will make it a sticky. I really hope that she agree's.

Comment

Rain in my heart

I have watched all but the last 2. It is very humbling. I think A LOT of alcoholics will view these and think "this is not me, I am not this bad off"....sad thing is...we are. No we are not homeless, we are not without internet YET...but keep tipping the glass.....your body will give out and liver failure is a horrid way to die. I recently watched my Mother die from Liver Cancer...never drink in her life, but the suffering seemed horrid and endless. Cirrohosis doesn't care how pretty you are, how skinny, how happy you seem, how much money you have.....and no amount of medicine takes that pain away. NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Rain in my heart

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. It must have been awful.

That is how I felt....if I carried on drinking....this is my future.

Comment

Rain in my heart

wow.

Comment

Rain in my heart

OMG! That was scary. especially seeing Mark in #9...

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Rain in my heart

The vomiting isn't that bad- I mean he is chugging down half a pint of red wine in ONE GULP- (and not just one glass either) then it just comes back up again.

His poor old liver. I hope he made it in the end- this documentary seems to be a few years old.

Comment

Rain in my heart

How is it that some of us have been drinking heavily for 20+ years and are still around and Toni is a binge drinker and dies at the age of 26? Is it just luck of the gene pool?

Comment

Rain in my heart

Still grateful you posted these. Also wanted to bump it up again, seen as it hasn't been made a sticky! We all need to see these, especially on a saturday night!
                              Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Rain in my heart

brittzak;397174 wrote: I recently watched my Mother die from Liver Cancer...never drink in her life, but the suffering seemed horrid and endless. Cirrohosis doesn't care how pretty you are, how skinny, how happy you seem, how much money you have.....and no amount of medicine takes that pain away. NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                oh, Brittzak, I am so very sorry.

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X