Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long time in the tunnel; where's the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been prowling around here, but haven't had the energy to post. Lots of stuff going on for me: family problems. Actually, I've been so down and depressed that I don't even have the urge to drink. Things are so bad that I knew that AL would simply make it impossible for me to cope. AF for 7 days without a plan, but today, I took antabuse to keep on going. There's lots of new names posting, and and oldtimers dealing with new situations, but the problems are still the same....just like the tunnel, it just seems to go on and on.
    I am taking the supplements plus 5-htp, melatonin, samE, gabba and an occasional benadryl to knock me out when the pain gets overbearing. I know that time heals and I'll do my best to wait it out AF. I have such empathy for all you newbies and please know that you have found a great place to help with your recovery and healing. :h g.

Make sure that the light is the one you want to see !!! Ha! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

gelgit, sounds as if you have a good plan to combat the alcohol problem, and you already have 7 days AF behind you! That is wonderful! Yet it also sounds as if you are still pretty sad. Do you have anyone to talk with? Can you share more of it here?

wip

Comment

well, actually, I'm not worried about a train because I think it's a lava tube: just hoping it's dormant!
        Thanks WiP, but I'm all talked out (and my cellphone bill is astromonical)... my entire immediate family is coming apart in a domino effect. I suppose, in the long run, things will be straightened out, talked out and resolved. But then, maybe not. I'm on the sidelines here, but I have the most profound feelings of guilt for my actions in the past that could have been the underlying cause that brought all this anger to finally surface. How many generations have to suffer before a wound can be healed? :h

Comment

Hang in thier Gilget......Read and post on this site, you'll get the help you need !! IAD. GOOD LUCK .
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

gelgit, this might sound trite, but I'll say it anyway: guilt and anger are just feelings. And all generations (all people) suffer from wounds, those of their own making as well as those imposed upon them. The real question is: what kind of life do we choose to live, in the midst of the suffering?

wip

Comment

good luck gel your positive thats whatt counts,gyco

Comment

Hi Gelgit - haven't heard from you in a long while!! I'm still here, taking it ODAT of coarse. Sounds like things have come to a head in your life. PM me if you would like, ok??
                xoxoxo peanut

Comment

gelgit! I've been wondering about you! I'm so sorry you are feeling so down. Me too much of the time. But I am so grateful to be dealing with it sober. I'm going down a tough road but I have to make it to the end and avoid as many potholes and bumps as I can - kinda like the tunnel. There is an end. Sometimes you just can't see it from where you are at that point in time. Take care of you and good for you on the AF part. I'll keep you in my prayers :l
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Gelgit, I am so sorry -- family probs suck. You just can't get away. On a positive note, we do get to pick our friends (not our family), and I have appreciated your kindness and wisdom in your posts.

All the best to you. CS

Comment

Gelgit,

I have felt that same way many times.

Then one day not too long ago I had the "Ah Hah" moment.

I realized that my sobriety was way more important and fulfilling and joy giving than my unhappiness with not being able to give into my desire to drink. It happened just like that.

So, what I can say about the light is this. The light is within you, once you are ready, it will shine out from you and light your way in even the darkest of places.

Hang in there. It will happen.
                      Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Gelgit, I'm sorry you are so down and having problems with family. I hope things look up for you soon. I doubt you are the cause of all the troubles.

Comment

KEEP THE FAITH!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Gilget! Congratulations on your 7 days! That is wonderful! My therapist told me that anger is pain, unexpressed... After thinking about that, I believe it is true. In these months of my sobriety, I have observed my family and all the problems/anger/pain. My drinking attributed and made some of it worse. Some of it is just the work - life lessons that my family members are working through. I'm not trivializing these, because some of them are extremely serious and very painful. I know, however, that in every case, being sober has made the situation better. I can be the advisor, when asked, or assist when needed, unlike in the past. I am so grateful for that. Success with your continued sobriety and I will hope that your family finds its' way to a place of peace.
                            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

OMG!!

What are friends for?? HELPING:thanks: I appreciate every single word you have sent me. I need your energies very much. Your posts have warmed my heart (of course I'm soaking the keyboard right now) For every door that closes a new one will open... so it's said. The past is just that, but I still dream of having 3 wishes to make everything O.K. again (like it NEVER was) Love you guys :h:h:h g You all be well!

Comment

Working...
                              X