AF Army-August 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army-August 25th

Good morning everyone! How was everyone's weekend?
    Hopefully o2 will be back shortly!

AF Army-August 25th

Good morning!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Good morning troops! I'm feeling excellent today. Rested and energetic and just plain cheerful.

peace,
      lilnev
      Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
      A: Practice, of course.

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Hi, Everyone.

I just got back from doctor. He bumped my Gabapentin up from 1200 mg to 1800 mg and put me on a new drug. He is not sure if it is Trigeminal Neuralgia or Cluster Headaches.

I get an MRI Sep 5. He is probably wondering if I do, in fact, have a brain.

I stayed sober all weekend, YAY!! And I will stay sober today.

I am marching forward, everyone, and happy with the march.

Love to all,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Way to go, Cindi! I'm so happy for you! I know you must be at least a bit worried or concerned about this MRI stuff, do keep us posted, I know I'll be thinking of you...

Good going to all of you... OneTwo I dunno about the thinning of the ranks... maybe it is typical for any group around here, starting on a 30 day challenge? I hope not. Morale started out so high!

wip

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Good Morning Shelby, LTG, Lilnev, Cindi and O2M,
            I am right here with you- a little late because I had my nails done before coming to work. You all sound wonderful and sober!!!! Have a great week, troops; we are almost at the end of August (hard to believe for me). Love, Kriger Day21
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Hi WIP,
              We cross posted.
              Cindi- Good luck on the MRI; what is you Dr looking for? I get to have a biopsy Thus-what fun! kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Kriger! Gia! Doing great!!!

Kriger are you worried about the biopsy? I'll be thinking about all of us who are getting unpleasant and scary medical stuff done... Hoping all will be very much OK...

wip

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Day 25 AF for me and still going strong.

Cindi, I'll be thinking of you, please let us know how it goes. But damn you are soundin good and positive though. I love the energy you are putting on the boards.

Helloo WIP, Gia, Kriger, Shelby, lilnev and LTG... and all to check in.

Oh WIP your avatar is disturbing me today - what is that?
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Damn that's what happens when you speed read....

Kriger, I hope the biopsy is clear on Thursday... I'll be thinking of you!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Sorry DB. It is the display window of a voodoo shop in New Orleans. Photo I took just before Katrina. It matched my mood, yesterday. I will change it (I still like it but I can see how it might be a bit disturbing... !)...

wip

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

I'm worried about you WIP! How are you doing?

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

I'm OK DB, thanks, it's been an awfully rough time lately, especially yesterday, on several different fronts (geez, lots of folks around here are going through difficult and scary stuff).

But I feel great that I am still AF and very strong in my determination to stay that way. It makes a HUGE difference. I saw my mother this morning at the psych hospital, she is still furious with me, keeps hissing at me: "you will have to live with what you have done to me..." and I know I am doing the right thing, but still, it is so painful. I am afraid they will let her out too soon because she is so manipulative and pulls it all together (sometimes), and says to the treatment providers whatever they want to hear. But she did not remember seeing her doctor this morning, and according to the note he spent a good bit of time with her. Dementia is so puzzling, especially in the early stages. She can seem perfectly normal (for her) and then just off the rails. And sometimes she is just plain bloody-minded. Nothing anyone can do about that, unfortunately.

You hang in there, OK, stay close by, you know lots of people care about you and are wishing you well.

New non-disturbing avatar: my sweetheart dog, Scarlet, running through a field. Total joy, yes??

wip

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Hi Gia and DeeBee,
                            You both sound marvelous! Gia, I'm glad you were able to stop thinking about what happened yesterday; at least I hope you were able to.
                            WIP- I'm not really worried about the biopsy, but my brother is a pathologist so I'm sending the results to him for a reading-this is my second one. I will be fine, I'm sure.
                            Have a great week everyone!!! Kriger Day 21

Comment

AF Army-August 25th

Well done Kriger- 3 weeks today!

Good luck with the biopsy.

4 days for me today feeling well, busy day and had a meeting which normally would have been 2 beers before (for nerves) and around 4 or 5 afterwards to 'congratulate' myself.

What was I thinking? Already I am seeing things in a different light.

March on soldiers! We will beat Al!

Comment

Working...
                              X