Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, I am a wreck

Dexter -

I am coming into this late but must tell you....I experienced something eerily similar.

It was a few years ago and while this may sound trite.....was he best thing that could have happened.

I am now with someone who amazingly, fits me better. I was way, way down and thought nothing could have ben better for me.

It is.

Stay strong. And you will know how to cope with this. Time helps. Friends help. Black suns make us stronger.
    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Help, I am a wreck

Dex - I'm sorry I've been off the boards this past week - so I am late in responding here - but just want to send you a hug. I know how hard this has been for you. Hang in here with us and focus on September as your beginning a new life too. X-Hubbie can begin new - YOU can too. This is for you ......... :l
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Help, I am a wreck

I'm late here too, but this reminds me of a saying one of my friends used to tell everyone in this situation.... THE BEST REVENGE YOU CAN DISH OUT TO HER, IS TO LET HER HAVE HIM ! Trust me, its just like when someone dies, you instantly remember all the good things about them, and kinda forget the unruly things they did/said, etc.... ya know? I know this is awfully hard, but don't let him win, don't give him anything else of you!!! I agree, at 45, honey, you are just getting started, 40's are the new 20's, re-invent yourself! I agree too, that if you need medication to help you thru this, its better than self-medicating with alcohol that will just serve to depress you more, and pack on more pounds! I agree too, that you should take up something you've always wanted to do, and do it...part of getting over anything, is replacing the "habit" with something new... find a beginners yoga class, its amazing how peaceful you feel just from the deep breathing...now, I fall over sideways sometimes, but laughing is good too!!! Take a class, join a gym, see if there's a Celebrate Recovery near you...its great! Celebrate Recovery lots of folks in your position, its for "hurts, hang-ups and habits".... You will have a life, your ex will envy, promise!!!! Just make a new you!
        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
        X