Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready, steady go!!!

Hi ya all

I've not been on here for a while, mainly because I couldn't keep away from alcohol and felt too ashamed to post here.

Well, like every other time I have had another "wake up" call - I got mine again last night. It's been a busy month and budget was stretched. You would think that the intelligent thing would be to use the money for essentials ie food. But I was scrapping my pennies together to buy alcohol. It got to the point where I had to borrow money from my mother in law. (Those who may have read my previous post know we are not the best of buddies). I lied and said I needed to pay a bill and get food essentials. She realised that I had spend the money on booze instead. I didn't argue with what she said as she was right. How can I spend money on alcohol and not worry about food?

Most importantly....how could I get to such a point that I'm borrowing money and then lying about it.

Thanks for listening to me.

Ready, steady go!!!

Welcome back Lotus! We have all done things we are not proud of. You can't change what you did. But you can change yourself. Ty to get some AF time. Trust me, the self-loathing will fade and you will begin to see so much more clearly. Best wishes!

Comment

Ready, steady go!!!

Good to see you Lotus... Most of all it is great to see and read that you may have hit your very own personal "bottom"... Keep climbing up and out of the hole that you are in... It is in you to do this.. All the very best xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Ready, steady go!!!

((((Lotus)))))

I like your title. I hope this will be a new start for you. Welcome back :l

Comment

Ready, steady go!!!

I remember turning the house upside down trying to scrape together $7 for a bottle of something cheap. It felt horrible.

Is there something you can change about your approach this time to give you some hope that the outcome might be different? In my case, the MWO program has been working when the other things I tried didn't.

Comment

Ready, steady go!!!

Lotus -

We have, indeed, done things we are not proud of. The best thing is you are back and looking for support. Welcome back!

Hope you keep posting.....Erin
            Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Working...
            X