Any Type 1 diabetics out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't started yet but I'm thinking about it. I'm a little worried about topamax and reactions to my current medications, effects on blood sugar etc. If there are any Type 1 diabetics who have gone through the program I'd like to know how it went. Thanks!

opps i see all have left you alone,diabetis is somthing you should be takin care of for yourself,you no if you drink,its ifffffffy,if you mix it could be fatal,id say ask your Doctor,but gyco

Comment

my sistr inlaw is a doctor,and she has the big D,ITS A HEREDITARY DESEASE,its passed,on like, alchoholism,im sorry if i dont seem compassionate tont but i am tryin keep comin here its a great site gyco

Comment

Bab, I hope you get some responses that you need. I am type 2 and cannot do the topa. I know we are not in exactly the same boat but I do understand your concerns. Best luck!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LTG type 2

LTG, why can't you do the topa? is it due to being diabetic? just curious. thanks, babbs.

Comment

Babbert, I don't mean to sound unknowledgable, but I guess I always thought a Type 1 couldn't have a drinking problem. Shows how much I know. My sister has a friend that is Type 1 and she always had to adjust her insulin when she had a drink. I hope you are okay.

I am on the fence for Type 2 and I am sure my drinking has much to do with it. I am curious about Lookingtogrow too, as to why she can't take the Topa. I ordered, but never started it. Scaredy Cat, I guess.

Comment

MISO reply

Hi Miso
              In general diabetics aren't supposed to drink, which is why you probably thought none of us could have a problem. As far as blood sugars go, alcohol in it's pure form, like vodka, lowers blood sugar, but the juices and mixes used are loaded with sugar. I never drink sweet cocktails so my only problem is going low once in a while. I'm on an insulin pump and have very good blood sugar control. Now just need to figure out the cocktail thing....

Comment

Working...
              X