CHANGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHANGES

When I first came to the boards, I felt really ugly, so I think that's why I picked such an ugly avatar. I like myself lots better now, so, I've changed. I've noticed other people like me more now too. Tell me how you think this site has changed your life, or at least how you feel better about yourself. Go ahead, brag. This is the place.:H
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

CHANGES

Ruby, love your new image Much more girly girl
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

CHANGES

LOL yes I found the last one scary

Comment

CHANGES

Yea, I was using it to remind myself what I DIDN"T want to look like in the future! Yellow roses have always been my favorite. Maybe now I won't scare people off!
        CJ
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

CHANGES

WoooHooo, thank you!!! Yeah! That old avatar scared me, too, I had to keep my eyes averted. So glad that you are feeling better about yourself!

wip

Comment

CHANGES

I was tempted by "Yoda on crack" as an avatar when I first came here. I thought it was really funny....not ugly.

This place has changed my entire life.
            This was my first foray into e-space. I am a very private person. I have told everyone here things that I would never tell other people. Thoughts and memories involked by other posts... It's very liberating to be able to 'talk' and share common experiences. I still sometimes stutter on the phone with nerves when I speak to strangers. Meeting new people is often something I don't want to do, but there is a freedom here. I'm not a weak person, I just find it hard to express and communicate my feelings.

Recently there has been some rudeness, trickery and general lack of manners which I find distressing and amusing in equal measure. This is the first time I have mentioned it, and I will not do so again.

I have been a member of MWO since just after my first grandchild was born almost two years ago. I have since been blessed with another.

Tempus fugit! Don't waste it.

I love this place.

Comment

CHANGES

Ruby,
              I DO feel better about myself. When I came to this website I thought I would have to do outpatient rehab to stop drinking. I didn't think I could make it more than a few hours without alcohol- I have now made it 23 days!!! My confidence in myself has soared and my life is beginning to "open up" literally. I still have some work to do with the isolation, but as each day goes by I feel more and more freedom. I now need to push myself a little each day to become more social and more outgoing...I know if I do the rewards will be enormous. Thanks to everyone here for helping me crawl out of the "pit" I was in. Love to you all, Kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

CHANGES

Popeye;392820 wrote: I am a very private person. I have told everyone here things that I would never tell other people. Thoughts and memories involked by other posts... It's very liberating to be able to 'talk' and share common experiences.
                Ditto Popeye!! I am not good at opening up to my friends and family, especially my poor hubby but he's not that great himself, thinks I have a 7th sense :huh?:to pick up when he's had a bad day.... crap, rambling, sorry.

I wanted to post this somewhere today and couldn't figure out where, so thank-you Ruby for starting this thread.

I have been AF since the 1st of this month and I have had a number of things thrown at me, or events that have tested me this month.... all of them normally my triggers. I went to book club (aka wine club), my best friend (aka drinkng buddy) came around for dinner, it was our wedding anniversary (perfect excuse to celebrate with a glass of wine), I got disturbing news from my Doctor and tonight is one of my BIGGEST triggers.... my husband is away for the night on a business trip.

What would normally happen, is my best friend would come around early afternoon and we'd have "a" drink which always turned totally pear-shaped!:headbanger: Or if she didn't come around then I would sit with my 5lt wine and phone the world, forgetting to cook dinner, say good night to my daugher or bath myself. I would wake in the morning fully dressed, mascara running down the face and with such a sense of shame and self-loathing that I would then hide from the world and especially avoid all calls from my hubby. If I was ever questioned i would immediately become defensive and we'd end up fighting with me not talking to him because he was being unreasonable.... I mean, I only had a couple of toots at home.:wings:

I was pondering this earlier when I was planning what to do tonight and realised that I was NOT inviting AL into my plans and I am looking forward to cooking dinner for my daughter and I tonight, watch our favorite show on TV (we finally have control of the remote LOL) and hit the sack early with a good book.

So to answer your question, my life has changed dramatically and for the better for my whole family as well as me. I am at peace with myself and most days I am at peace with my past - I don't have an anxiety attack everytime I have a flash back.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

CHANGES

Kriger, you are amazing! When you get out and about, come visit me in TX and we can BBQ
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

CHANGES

I hear you

Thanks, Popeye,

I felt really ugly when I first started with this site. I'm taking back my life now, and I hope to blossom, thus the avatar change.

I agree about some of the rudeness. 'Nuff said.

This is also my first time in outerspace. I don't have anyone else to talk to about what's really going on with me. I'm not going to engage in anything negative. Don't need it. That's what cool about being here, just change sites. We've got to remember that drinkers aren't always nice, and going through the big change of getting sober may bring out our dark side too. There are reasons we are here, and mine is to connect with others who have similar problems. Glad your here, there's good in coming out of our shells.:thanks:
                    sigpic

Comment

CHANGES

I take that back...EVERYONE is amazing!!! Sorry, Kriger...LOL!! You're still invited for BBQ though...
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

CHANGES

rubywilllow!!!! Hello dear, i would not respond to you before because that wrinkled up nasty looking thing scared the living poopers out of me!!!! So now i will post and talk to you...welcome to MWO, i have a serious avatar addiction...nice to meet you!!! :flower:

Yes, I am Ripple. :lolly:

Comment

CHANGES

Everything has changed. I've found out that it's possible for me to be sober. I had almost given up hope, and here I am with almost 90 days. If I can do it, anyone can, because I was the world's biggest relapser/failure/alcoholic disaster/pathetic loser before I found this place.

Comment

CHANGES

Ripple;392887 wrote: rubywilllow!!!! Hello dear, i would not respond to you before because that wrinkled up nasty looking thing scared the living poopers out of me!!!! Ripple. :lolly:
                            Ummm Rip, isin't that the pot calling the kettle black.... your avatar is rather disturbing today LOL:H
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

CHANGES

DeeBee, anything is better than the wrinkled hag thingie...com'on..i see no black pot in that avatar!!! :H lovely curls and stuffing face!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X