BACK OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACK OFF

I think I need to back up a little bit, and maybe lurk for a while. I jumped into the discussions with both feet, and I cringe when I see my name on so many posts. I do bow the those who have been here longer and have more experience. Please know I was just overly excited at finding a forum for my truly screwed up mind, and to find people I could talk to everyday, since I usually have only my husband (who doesn't talk) and the dogs (who I can't understand). I think I need to back up and listen instead of giving my opinon on so many things. Understand I have always been the caretaker, the one who tries to solve all the problems around me, but I see I can learn a lot by being quiet and reading what those with more experience have to say. I'll be back, just quieter.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

BACK OFF

No need to be quiet rubywillow. I have not seen anything you posted that was offensive. Chime in any time! And BTW, I like your new avatar so much better!

Comment

BACK OFF

Welcome back Ruby, I was wondering where you had got too. How are you doing?
      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

BACK OFF

I'm great, and my decision is based solely on my feeling that I have been 'hogging' the space. I always think I have to solve everyone's problems, and it drains me, so, I'll listen. I can learn more with my ears open and my mouth closed. You're all wonderful.

WE DIDN'T GET HERE BY SINGING TO LOUD IN THE CHOIR!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BACK OFF

:l
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

BACK OFF

see that the thing this is a site for help for one another to one another ..just keep on doing what you feel is right and its all a part of work in progress.. stay strong and think positive
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

BACK OFF

Hi Ruby,

I've come to the grand conclusion that this is all part of God's plan - give us a common problem and see how we work together to solve it! The key word is together. None of us has better ideas than anyone else. Jump in when you wish. BTW, wasn't your previous avatar a toothless person? She was scary!

Vera-b.

Comment

BACK OFF

Glad you found us Ruby. No apologies are neccessary.
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

BACK OFF

Ruby -

I like seeing your posts. All positive!
                  Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

BACK OFF

Ruby, It IS so exciting to find somewhere like this isn't it?
                    Your posts are lovely and positve, don't feel bad about anything.
                    Stay close and don't hold back!
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

BACK OFF

Ruby

You haven't been talking too much!
                      Some people like to post lots and some prefer to lurk- all is good!
                      It wouldn't be a very interesting forum if everyone backed off would it?
                      Please don't do that!

Comment

BACK OFF

[QUOTE=rubywillow;393318]I always think I have to solve everyone's problems, and it drains me, so, I'll listen. I can learn more with my ears open and my mouth closed. You're all wonderful.
                        QUOTE]

Ruby I can relate to what you are saying. I read a great saying the other day - on a sugar packet LOL and it said something along the lines of "You can't hear if you don't listen"

So yes, read, listen and learn but also "talk"... the problem with cyberspace is we can't see you or know how you are if you don't post.

Love
                        Dee
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

BACK OFF

Ruby,Please PM me so I know that I have you added...OK,pal?
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

BACK OFF

Electronic space is unlimited, so type away. I truly believe that the posting helps us at least as much as the recipient. Writing down my thoughts is much more helpful than having them tumble around in my head. Sometimes my thinking seems a little schizophrenic, though. As days pass things just don't look the same. Anyway, Ruby, you can make up for all the people who read but don't have the nerve (I guess) to post. I feel bad for them, because I think you do better if you post, but that's just MHO and there are lots of other opinions around.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

BACK OFF

Hey Ruby...

As much or as little as you feel the need.
                              Oldies and newbies and in-betweenies are all equal here.

Comment

Working...
                              X