Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army Thursday August 28th!

Hi, all..

Noticed no one had yet started the thread....so here it is!

I want to thank everyone for being so supportive to all who post. I must say I am amazed at how all come together to support one another.

So as we go into what can be a trigger weekend for many....I hope all are holding strong and wish everyone a great holiday!
    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Good morning fellow soldiers

Checking in before embarking on Day 7!

Can hardly believe it- while there have been a few dodgy moments, low energy, mood swings etc. I can honestly say it is the best week I have had in a long long time.

Couldn't have done it without the help of everyone here- I have no doubt about that and am very grateful to everybody who's posts I have been reading both past and present.

Onwards and Upwards!

Comment

Having a few practise days before next week. Last night (Wednesday being one of my difficult days) was spent AF.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad

If I can do it anyone can.

I am on Antabuse but in the past even that has not worked- I just stop taking it.

This time I feel more confident, I am more determined to beat this shit that has been ruining my life.
        I am really starting to see it as it is- a deadly enemy that is out to kill me.

Congrats on last night!

Comment

Hmmmm... it's quiet today...
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

LOL! Love the pic!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Nearly ready to say goodnight to day 4 AF, man I can't believe that I let myself be a boozehag for soooooooooo long. I feel really good. Just finished my part time shift for the night at our local pub, handled saying no thanks to the after work drinkies and away home to my cup of lemon and hot water.

Hope everyone has a great day
              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hey Everyone! Day 9 for me...holy moly! Woke up feeling great - had a few weird dreams...David Bowie, Chocolate Penises, Mounties...but slept well nonetheless! Working from home today which is always good. That one day a week they let me do this really makes a difference. I can actually START dinner at 5 pm where usually I get home at 6:00-6:30 and hit the ground running.

Hope everyone has an aswesome day! Gotta jump in the shower before the chickies get up and mayhem ensues! Smoochies to all...

Kat
                "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Reporting in for AF duty.

Marbella, a whole week AF, that is reallly awesome!!

Well done Vladster, especially after listening to stories of you know what yesterday - I won't say what incase it gets you craving again.

Aw O2m we'll have to get you sorted out so that you can post pics... do you know what the problem is? Is the window not popping up when you click on the paperclip? Hopefully IAD will come on-line and give advice as he is the pic guru LOL!

Thanks IndianMike, I am feeling STRONG today!! No more horrid side effects and onto day 28 for me. I have a really busy weekend ahead and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my baby sister and my Mum.

Happy Thursday everyone, I hope your day is full of smiles and laughter :-)
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks one, as I said before I am sure I will have a majorily crappy day in the future that will challenge me, but until then I am enjoying being AF. No cravings today while I was making up the dogs feed, but had a wee twinge when I was letting the pups hoon around in their paddock (usually trot around with them with a beer in hand).

In the meantime I am busying myself cleaning up my house, what a bloody mess. I found my favourite pint glass today in the bathroom cupboard, I remembered I snuck a beer in the shower with me when my parents were staying.

Comment

Zep, it must be very trying to work in a bar whilst not drinking... I admire your strength!!

KB, LOL your dreams sound crazy! My daughter slept with me last night as hubby was away and everytime she does I swear it's going to be the last LOL. Damn that child can hog the blanket and SNORE! I am also working from home today and tomorrow so will be starting dinner early, it does make a difference, doesn't it?
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;393608 wrote: Zep, it must be very trying to work in a bar whilst not drinking... I admire your strength!!

KB, LOL your dreams sound crazy! My daughter slept with me last night as hubby was away and everytime she does I swear it's going to be the last LOL. Damn that child can hog the blanket and SNORE! I am also working from home today and tomorrow so will be starting dinner early, it does make a difference, doesn't it?
                        My middle daughter cimbs in with us when there are thunderstorms and ends up laying sideways. I call it the "Human H". Unfortunately I usually get her feet and end up with poked eyes, once a foot in the mouth and varios bruises. I always say it is the last time too...but then I think....soon she won't even want to say good night to me once those teenage hormones kick in...she can stay this ONE night...ol. Vicious cycle!
                        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Hi Deebee, no the pub wasn't hard as I was one of those sad little alcies that drunk all day at home. Apart from a drink after work or maybe when I went to pick up my pay. I didn't really drink socially. I would walk down to my neighbours house for drinks and they would laugh as I would only have 2 or 3 cans at their place over the night, little did they know I had already had a bottle of wine and half a crate before I turned up.

Comment

Zep aren't yu happy that those days are behind you!

O2m and Kat, my daughter is 13!! She is nearly as tall as me and wears my clothes LOL!!

Comment

Sure am Dee, I was thinking today "how on earth did I get everything done during the day" although I can get a lot more done now as I'm not sprinting back to the fridge all day or panicking because I only had 10 beers left. Talk about the fridge is always half empty. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X