I love American Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love American Politics

Hey guys Im probably more excited than you about your system of political election.... I love the US political system..... although i don't really understand the electoral colledge thing????? how did Gore not win?????. I know Det thinks no real choice and its a choice between two types of crap. But from down under we are excited!!!! and I do speak for a few excited freinds of mine we are excited at that fact that you may vote Obama in such a relief for the rest of the world from that idiot Bush. Go US :goodjob:
    cap

I love American Politics

Gia if I could Id vote!!!!!!!! Id vote TAAAA DAAA GIA and Popeye !!!! free milk for babies and spinach classes from pops for all kids!!!!

Comment

I love American Politics

Captnjack;393712 wrote: Hey guys Im probably more excited than you about your system of political election.... I love the US political system..... although i don't really understand the electoral colledge thing????? how did Gore not win?????. I know Det thinks no real choice and its a choice between two types of crap. But from down under we are excited!!!! and I do speak for a few excited freinds of mine we are excited at that fact that you may vote Obama in such a relief for the rest of the world from that idiot Bush. Go US :goodjob:
      cap
      Now don't get me started on that whole Al Gore thing Captain....HE WAS ROBBED I TELL YA, ROBBBBBBBBBED!! American Politics are quite interesting, when you can stomach them. I personally am an Obama supporter - 4 more years of Bush-like people will make me want to vomit and/or move out of the country. (Just my opinion everyone..) Things need to change for the better. It's time. We have been steadily going downhill for almost 8 years now and our children deserve a better future. And we need to stop this terrible war. OK, off my soapbox.
      "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I love American Politics

Right Gia I know you couldn't help it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but a laugh at my expense bloody hell your off my Christmas list !!!!!! Once Ok!!!!!!!!! BUT twice
        LOVE YA giasssssssssss

Comment

I love American Politics

It was nice to see the Clinton's finally get behind Obama and Biden. I'm not sure that I still understand some Hillary backers switching to McCain - but that is American politics for you. Should be an interesting race and I'm guessing that Democratic gloves are coming off now that the nomination is complete.

Biden did give a stirring speech last night, and Obama's acceptance speech tonight comes on the anniversary of King's "I Have A Dream" speech.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I love American Politics

Your Democrat Athlete I assume who do you think will grab the American vote this time????

Comment

I love American Politics

Gia fish on its way

Comment

I love American Politics

My two cents

Cap, I'd love to see Obama-Biden get it. I'm a bleeding heart libbie, lib, lib, as the conservative talk show hosts here call us. They would love to see us all move to Australia! Or I think France is where they think we "deserve" to go. I'm with KB, don't get me started.

I was talking to a colleague yesterday from Sri Lanka who was also laughing that her friends back home are as interested and excited about the election as she is. I think maybe lots of people around the world are watching to see if we screw this up.

My hubby jumps on every poll result, every comment, and worries it to death. I just don't have the energy this go-round, not after I worked so hard in '04, and was so disappointed. I'm doing my part this time, but I'm waiting until closer to the day before I get excited. I predict a landslide, but it may not happen. If it doesn't, what's your address? Got a spare room? Alley

Comment

I love American Politics

Right Gia I know youre takin the piss outta me thats ok !!!! Pops I will deliver the fish at Christmas time can you put it under Gias sheets I"m prepared to pay you large sums of money.
                  love your father bloody christmas I will be comming down your chimmney ya loon

Comment

I love American Politics

Alley a liberal hear is a conservative

Comment

I love American Politics

Great! Makes sense doesn't it? Opposites in everything. And makes your home sound wide-open for anything!

Comment

I love American Politics

Well alley I am gonna make sure Gia smells me there will be this sudden lump between her and pops

Comment

I love American Politics

Now who will vote Mc Cain

Comment

I love American Politics

Well, I'm not voting McCain, although I truly don't believe that ANYONE could be as bad as Bush, except possibly Chaney...

I understand Hillary's supporters' disappointment, but if some of them vote for McCain, it will be yet another example of the Dems shooting themselves in the foot. I was so happy to hear Mr. Bill's speech last night.

McCain and his team are again using fear tactics to try to scare people into voting for him. I hope Americans aren't dumb enough to buy it this time.

I feel like I am becoming a member of the middle class poor, and I am damn tired of it. Besides, no matter who is President, IF there is a terrorist attack, we'll be all over it so fast it will make their heads spin, and it will be with the support of the world.

Okay, I'm stopping now before I start foaming at the mouth.
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I love American Politics

"I feel like I am becoming a member of the middle class poor, and I am damn tired of it."

I hear that! We just moved back to the US from Canada and couldn't believe how much worse the economy is ... thought it was just super expensive in Canada. We just bought our 3rd Starter Home. Yay. Hubby makes a good salary so it makes me very sad for people who don't ... it is shameful how many people are living below the poverty line ...

I was initially more in favor of Hillary but then got really disappointed when she started her attacks on Obama. Also I had high hopes for Edwards but ... (now that was a huge f**ckup!!! When will these people learn you can't get away with stuff like that when you're a politician!) Now I'm onboard with Obama. I think he's a thoughtful and elegant speaker, and my BS meter isn't registering that much BS. I really like the fact that he doesn't snipe back at McCain so much as he talks back at McCain. It seems refreshingly classy. Still would have liked to see Hillary as VP, but ...

McCain just seems like an ugly little old man these days ... the only time I ever hear about him is when he's making allegations against Barack. I can't STAND all the negativity associated with politics! Don't waste time putting down your opponent, tell me what you're going to do different!!!

My big worry is that if Obama gets elected someone will try to assassinate him ... I know thats weird but there are too many hateful people in this country. But, I try to be hopeful that this will be the big change I've been waiting for since Reagan. I liked Clinton, but he could have done more, and Bush II has undone all the good anyway.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X