At Last!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Last!!

Have been around MWO for almost a month now I think, got the CD's, supplements (except the Kudzu which I can't find here where I live), everything but the topamax which I have been waiting for and it finally arrived today - at last!

Was feeling really despondent yesterday as my drinking over the last couple of weeks had really improved, thanks to the hypnosis and glutamine I guess, but on Tuesday night, for no reason whatsoever, I started drinking and didn't stop until I collapsed into bed - 2 bottles of wine, 3 cans of beer later. I was hoping to moderate but now I'm not so sure.

I've just taken the first topamax tablet and I will try to moderate, but if I hit the booze again like I did on Tuesday then that's it for me, I'm going to be AF. I can stop drinking, have done it for long periods in the past with the help of AA, but I can't stay stopped and seem to have turned into a binge drinker. Don't want to go the AA route again, so hoping this will work for me.

:thanks:

At Last!!

You can do it...best of luck to you...you sound ready!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

At Last!!

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv: do your best stay strong and think positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

At Last!!

try joining the one day at a time thread in the just starting out section and good luck!

Comment

At Last!!

hey there. i also did the long Af like 120 days or something. ive been drinking the last few weeks though. only had 3 or 4 terrible binge's. i find as i use to drink wine, now i can moderate when changing to beer. well kind of. only been having 3 or there abouts a day. sometimes less.. im going 30 days again from to day just to make sure though

good luck and hang in there..

Karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

At Last!!

hey karl I am chasing you buddy :H You called the doc yet?
            Actually, today you sound loads better - well done!!

3, it sounds like you are going to do fine. Supps, CD's and this place will all help you as we will.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

At Last!!

3 Bottles,
              Good luck on the Topa. Have you found the CDs have been helping you? I just started them this week, but I am going to go the full month hitting them hard. I think they might be a "key" part of this program. I am getting close to the 30 day af point and I'm having thoughts of trying to mod. I think, translated, that means I am missing alcohol in my daily life. I think I need to go 60...90....or more before I even touch AL to my lips. I need to get to the point that I am not thinking about AL ever- then I will re-asses that decision. Good luck to you, 3. Kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

At Last!!

Thanks all

Thanks everyone for your help and support. Kriger, I only started the CD's 2 weeks ago, but have only listened a couple of times in the last week, so guess that could be a reason why i had an almighty binge the other day! Started back on them last night, so going to do the programme as RJ recommends now :thanks:

Comment

At Last!!

I listen to my sleep cd every night; my husband doesn't mind a bit, so that works out great. I play the subliminal while I'm at work on my computer.
                  You sound like you are well on your way to success!
                  Have a great Friday! Kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                  X