The Measure of a Man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Measure of a Man...

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

I've been reflecting on this statement as it relates to my sobriety as well as my abilities to help others with theirs. I starting writing a lot of tripe but realized that it could all be boiled down to this: I post on this website to try and help others and by extension make myself stronger; so that I can withstand the certain trials and tribulations within my life that are certain to occur.

But, I find that thoughts and observations that once came easily no longer do so. I think I realized it when I found myself focusing more on all the in-fighting that was going on as opposed to focusing on the new people here.

So, time for AAthlete to ride off into the cycling sunset for awhile. Most likely I will check in from time to time and wish nothing but success to everyone here, regardless of whether your goal is abstinence or moderation.

Take care everyone.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

The Measure of a Man...

Good luck to you AA - please check in when you can. Stay strong and thank you for all the positive you have contributed to this site. Take care.
    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

AA-You are a wise man indeed. I hope you come back soon, you will be missed.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

All the best to you AA.

If it weren't for the F*uck Thread I would be heading out of this toxic environment myself. Way too much toxicity for me. I can't even remember the last time I helped a newbie because of the in-fighting being the primary focus on the boards, the last couple of months.

I will miss your smiley face, too.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

That is a shame athlete, but totally understanding. I wish you well and really hope to hear from you again. Wisdom and experience like yours has been very valuable to me.
          Thank you.
          Startingover
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

Take care.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

Athlete, I have always considered you "A class act"! I hope will eventually return. Your posts always reflect wisdom that has been "well thought through". I wish good things for you!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

We will miss you. Take care.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

AAthlete,

I will miss you, too.

Your words have helped me so many times. Thank you for sharing them.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

I will miss you too. ANd I do hate all the contention. I think it is really stupid and petty. Stop it everyone. Stop it right now!!!!

Lila

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

:lTake care!
                      I'm almost at the verge on jumping on my bike (ok skooter~I'm lazy) and taking it out of MWO town. It's not like it used to be.

Best wishes....

p.s. and the measure of a man~isn't it by the size of his hands & shoe size. Sorry, couldn't resist.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

AA I have always respected you and wish you nothing but the very best. You ARE one of the best. Take care friend.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

Travel well, AA.

You have my utter respect.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

AA-

All the best to you. I know you have won the battle. Be very proud.

Comment

The Measure of a Man...

AA, I will really miss you, you joined a few months after me and I regularly read your very insightful posts, but I know what you mean about finding it hard to post now and being distracted by all that has happened here recently, and is still happening.
                              I wish you all that you wish for yourself my friend.

Good luck and happy travelling,
                              Louise xxx
                              A F F L..
                              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                              X