Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, lack of ALCOHOL is sending me doo lally

Hi peeps,

Can I just say, as a newbie, and on day 5, I think I am in danger of loosing my mind!!!

Do you know what... I seem to be going a bit 'dippy', I mean, I am 'dippy' at the best of times. But when I went to tesco today, I bought a CD to cheer myself up (a double). When I got to the car, I removed the cd I already had in, fiddled around with my seat belt etc.. then went to insert my new cd. Great. cd 1 was missing!! :damn: humpf. So, back into tesco I go, with my receipt. Tell the woman on the desk.. cd 1 is missing! I wait, whilst she goes off upstairs to get me a replacement. she comes back, minus my receipt! so I wait again, whilst she goes back upstairs to fetch me the receipt. I am getting seriously impatient by now!! ull Finally I get back to my car, make sure I rejected the cd in there already, and what comes out ??? .......... CD 1 !!!!!! Oh dear, ops!: mmmm, a bite my lip moment... would appear I'd already put CD 1 in. :blush: I tell ya, no way was I going to go back in. So, I apologise in advance, if anyone, anywhere near me (an I'm not tellin ya where that is), is missing a disc in their new cd.. cuz it's tough titty!! :H
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

That happens. Your mind/brain are doing a lot of work behind the scenes right now, adjusting, getting back to normal functioning! Just take it easy, OK?

wip

Comment

Well, sadly 60 days later I still having real airhead moments. My hubby is constantly rolling his eyes and saying is this pissy voice "are you okay?", like I've f**king lost my marbles and he's about to have me committed...
      wip, I appreciate the comment that there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I found that very comforting.:l
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

And Step... congrats on day 5!!!
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Step, see my avatar....it's a great way to be :H
          Good going on day 5!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Step,
            Congrats on Day5! We all seem to be a little "off" for a while, but what were we drunk??? Do you think we were acting normal then??? I'd rather be a little absent minded than fall down drunk and slurring my words...wouldn't you? This, too, shall pass!! Kriger
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thank you everyone. I feel special. And 'included' here

Comment

Gia - when exactly does it lift? I am on 9 days and feel like the biggest dork sometimes! I have those moments like Step descrbed...ALL THE TIME!
                "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Hi step in time

I think I know where you're coming from! I am nearing the end of day 3 - I'm off work at the moment had 2 weeks off on holiday - my hubby is away on a course and I'm just wandering round the house in a complete daze wondering what the hell I'm doing!

I've got loads of stuff I should be doing but I can't get moving - never mind hes back tomorrow so I might get my act together then! Well done on 5 days - I'm right behind you xx

Comment

Seen the light.... when I went AF before, for the first month or so, I had virtually zero organisational skills what so ever. It was as tho I had lost all direction. I would tackle anything head on, with a drink inside/beside me. It's like it was my motivation, but without one, I am lost. I am hoping, if I can stick with this, it will get easier. Also realised yesterday, you have to open a door, before you go thru it! stoopid!!! AND I was wondering why I couldnt unscrew the lid off a bottle of pop, (just wouldn't budge) until I was informed "it's already off!!" hey ho lets see what today brings. Hope everyone is well :l

Comment

Working...
                    X