Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to Quit on addiction now have another:

hey all well im doing my best to do 30 days again,

Buit i have a new addiction, I just spent a hell of a lot of money on a Projector and home theater. hehehhe

it didnt stop there the projector and screen was expensive. but i didnt stop there. wow look i need new cables 'more money'. oh look now i need new darker curtains 'more money', now i need to buy more movies 'more money'. Oh hell i might as well get a playstation 3 to use the projector to it full extent 'More money'hehehehe

OH SHIT any know how to rehem a curtain? that will keep my busy for at least a week. wow sowing that will be dangerous. hehehe

so whats your new addiction after trying to quit drink huh huh? :H

Karl :H :H :H

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

My new addiction is baking, I was given a bread maker for a gift. Anyone want zucchini bread?
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I've been on an eating spree since I quit drinking about 20 days ago. I've been looking on line for something to replace the alcohol with... something to ease the tension. Yikes.... I'm so fat now I can’t stand it. I eat all evening which is when I use to do my drinking.

Comment

MWO!!! LOL!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Chocolate, and chocolate, oh yes, and chocolate!!!!
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Yeah MWO, and I bought a new MacBook (switched from damn PC's), and it has great battery life, and nice built-in speakers, I can sit in my living room doing MWO and listening to music...

wip

Comment

Karl,

I found raising the curtain rods much easier than hemming the curtains.

Enjoy the new addiction, it is much better than drinking!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Karl,

I agree. Try the tape sometimes called "stitch-witchery" or "invisible hemming tape". You just iron it under the turn of your hem and your done. Works great and takes a 1/4 of the time! Gabby.
                Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Mmmmmmmm!!!!
                  Cheesecake!

Comment

Karl, Good luck with the new addiction. Mine is MWO!
                    Gia and O2M, Can I join you guys for the delicious meal an dessert? It's a long weekend and I have some sky miles!!! I love cooking too but I've been trying to lay off the eating; I figured that would be the first addiction I would turn to after drinking...I'm trying to be cautious with the food. I know ONE nice dinner and dessert wouldn't hurt, tho!! Kriger
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Im aso eating like a horse now, and its only been 10 days AF for me. Gained 5 lbs since I quit 10 days ago.
                      Im going to WATCH what I eat after this Labor Day holiday weekend though.

Speaking of TVs, last October, I bought a 52 inch Bravia HD TV with surround sound,Blue Ray, and the works, Set me back about 5500.00 BUT man,

WHAT A PICTURE! Looks like you are part of the picture itself, its SOOOOOOOO clear.

Comment

EATING! I was so tired of reading post by people who lost weight when they stopped drinking. I don't mind sharing recipes with them but I do hope I can regain control of my eating sometime soon.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Just lovin the good news tales.
                          My addictions are ; my kids,myself,nice clothes, my wife, tv,movies,a jog, time, never had time for anything whilst drinking al,

Comment

sweet ill have to try this Sticky tape and ironing thing, instead of sowing. thanks for that i never knew something like that existed.

Oh well back to the store to find it. lol maybe i could convince my mum to come over and do it, for a bok of wine.. i dont need it anymore. hehehehehe

alot of you are saying eating. boy i i could put oon weight id do anything.. ive been drinking a hell of a lot of flavoured milk though..

BILLY JACK: i know its hard to picture watching normal tv again hey.. hehehe expensive but totally worth every penny...

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

MWO, surfing (when my kids are not on the computer) People Magazine, Audio CD's
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X